Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connection issues with sonos speakers

Spotify connection issues with sonos speakers

Most days I can play music no problem from the Spotify app but recently the Spotify app just won’t connect to any of my sonos speakers and I know there’s not a problem with them they play just fine when I use the sonos app the speakers show up on Spotify but when you go to connect it tries and stops and won’t connect doesn’t make any sense. Is there a bug in the app? Is anyone else experiencing this issue or similar?

28 Replies

I’m experiencing the same issue. 

Same issue here. I can't connect Spotify to Sonos on any device I have.

Me too!

Same issue. I usually connect to my Sonos One from the spotify app (by clicking on the "Devices Available" and choosing the Sonos One using Spotify connect. Now it just says  Connecting for a few seconds then it disappears. In addition, when I tell Alexa to play workout music, she says she'll play it, then no sound.

I have attempted to factory reset the Sonos One, also deleted the Sonos skills off of alexa and I've even attempted to revoke access from the spotify settings. I've deleted the Spotify app, Alexa app, and the Sonos App, and I still have the issue. 

Me too. Exactly the same issue

Same problem.

Same issue. Have reinstalled Spotify and Sonos apps plus power of sonos bridge etc. 

shows sonos speaker in Spotify app. Tries to connect for a few seconds then fails and stops trying. 

Me too.

I'm facing the same issue. The Windows 10 desktop app, iOS app, and Android app can all see my Play 1, but are unable to connect - just fails after some time. This was working fine a few weeks ago, so not sure what has caused it to break. Works fine if I use the Sonos app to stream. Using the latest version of the app on all platforms. Spotify, please fix this ASAP.

Having the same issue described above from all my devices.  Signed out of Spotify, restarted ny speakers, restarted my network, nothing helps.

Are you guys in Australia/NZ by any chance. Was just in contact with Sonos and gave them a bunch of info... Their response...

"we are currently monitoring an issue specific to Australia/New Zealand/South Asia regarding this."...

"we are aware of an issue affecting some customers playing back from the Spotify application to Sonos, we are working with Spotify to resolve the issue, in the meantime you should be able to playback from the Sonos application" 

Same Issue. I got an software update yesterday and it stopped working.

Same problem here on Samsung multiroom speakers

I'am in Europe, and also received update yesterday.

I also tested with downloaded playlist -> same problem

Spotify stops in middle of song, when click play again, a few songs don't start, after 30 seconds click play works again

Spotify please fix asap

wrote:

Are you guys in Australia/NZ by any chance. Was just in contact with Sonos and gave them a bunch of info... Their response...

"we are currently monitoring an issue specific to Australia/New Zealand/South Asia regarding this."...

"we are aware of an issue affecting some customers playing back from the Spotify application to Sonos, we are working with Spotify to resolve the issue, in the meantime you should be able to playback from the Sonos application" 

Melbourne, Australia here.  Thanks for this info!

Update: It's magically working now. The only change is that I installed Windows 10 Insider Redstone 5 Build 17661, but that wouldn't impact iOS or Android, which are also working now. Let me know if that's the case with you guys as well. 

Also working here.  Would be nice to know what the issue was.

(Given the area affected, an instance reponsible for this in Singapore went down perhaps?)

Not solved for me.

Spotify keeps stopping  😞

Ohh wow, it is working now, that really weird but good thing Spotify is on top of it!

Its working now....

Suggested posts