Spotify connection issues with sonos speakers

Spotify connection issues with sonos speakers

13jcarter

Most days I can play music no problem from the Spotify app but recently the Spotify app just won’t connect to any of my sonos speakers and I know there’s not a problem with them they play just fine when I use the sonos app the speakers show up on Spotify but when you go to connect it tries and stops and won’t connect doesn’t make any sense. Is there a bug in the app? Is anyone else experiencing this issue or similar?

28 Replies

Re: Spotify connection issues with sonos speakers

Liquid6

I’m experiencing the same issue. 

mtsferreirasilv

Same issue here. I can't connect Spotify to Sonos on any device I have.

Vizsla1
Casual Listener

Me too!

Marmarzwinz
Casual Listener

Same issue. I usually connect to my Sonos One from the spotify app (by clicking on the "Devices Available" and choosing the Sonos One using Spotify connect. Now it just says  Connecting for a few seconds then it disappears. In addition, when I tell Alexa to play workout music, she says she'll play it, then no sound.

I have attempted to factory reset the Sonos One, also deleted the Sonos skills off of alexa and I've even attempted to revoke access from the spotify settings. I've deleted the Spotify app, Alexa app, and the Sonos App, and I still have the issue. 

yardbird1
Casual Listener

Me too. Exactly the same issue

Paul75

Same problem.

JTChief
Casual Listener

Same issue. Have reinstalled Spotify and Sonos apps plus power of sonos bridge etc. 

shows sonos speaker in Spotify app. Tries to connect for a few seconds then fails and stops trying. 

varjeet

Me too.

sammy2066
Casual Listener

I'm facing the same issue. The Windows 10 desktop app, iOS app, and Android app can all see my Play 1, but are unable to connect - just fails after some time. This was working fine a few weeks ago, so not sure what has caused it to break. Works fine if I use the Sonos app to stream. Using the latest version of the app on all platforms. Spotify, please fix this ASAP.

SUGGESTED POSTS