Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Can’t open app when hooked to Bluetooth in my truck

Got a new stereo and installed , when hooked to Bluetooth or usb in my truck I can’t get into my library, iPhone 8 Plus

• Casual Listener
  • Got a new stereo and installed , when hooked to Bluetooth or usb in my truck I can’t get into my library, iPhone 8 Plus 
  • Simeon_
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists aren't shuffling

Hi. So with this new update, I can't seem to get my playlists to shuffle the music on my phone. When I press shuffle, it starts with the first song I added to the playlist and then goes to the second then third and so on. So it basically plays in ord...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. So with this new update, I can't seem to get my playlists to shuffle the music on my phone. When I press shuffle, it starts with the first song I added to the playlist and then goes to the second...
  • BrokenRivals
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

New fullscreen artwork on iOS

I've noticed that Spotify now automatically goes into Full Sreen artwork and the on-screen controls disppear when playing the playlist 'Today's Top Hits'. I don't like not having the controls on screen but I've noticed that some users do like this fe...

• Regular
  • I've noticed that Spotify now automatically goes into Full Sreen artwork and the on-screen controls disppear when playing the playlist 'Today's Top Hits'.   I don't like not having the control...
  • dudemanxx
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 25 likes

Why cant i play this song?

Why cant i play song 1 and 2? Im from norway, is it because of that? Dont understand

8DE8500E-262F-48BC-BD12-B3F6267B4901.png
  • Why cant i play song 1 and 2?  Im from norway, is it because of that? Dont understand 
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Search option lacking genres

Hi guys. Spotify lAndes here in israel less than a month, and sadly I find myself spamming the community with questions about problems with the app. Now there’s something new - ever since I went premium, when I Tap the search option it won’t show me ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys. Spotify lAndes here in israel less than a month, and sadly I find myself spamming the community with questions about problems with the app. Now there’s something new - ever since I went...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeat all and repeat track missing

Can someone tell me where to find the repeat all or repeat track options? It’s gone after the recent update

• Can someone tell me where to find the repeat all or repeat track options? It’s gone after the recent update
  • 0rangeJuice
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify automatically skips some songs

I have spotify premium and for some reason some songs are automatically skipped, the titles are grayed out and appear for about a second before being skipped automatically. Can someone explain why this happens?

• I have spotify premium and for some reason some songs are automatically skipped, the titles are grayed out and appear for about a second before being skipped automatically. Can someone explain why th...
  • 0rangeJuice
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing Local Files to Spotify on an iOS device

I'm having trouble syncing local files from my desktop PC to Spotify on my iOS device. I have these same local files in my iTunes library on that device if it helps. Otherwise, I've browsed other solutions on here, and I cannot seem to get it to work...

• I'm having trouble syncing local files from my desktop PC to Spotify on my iOS device. I have these same local files in my iTunes library on that device if it helps. Otherwise, I've browsed other sol...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix is gone after going premium

Hi! I started using Spotify and one of my favorite features was the daily mix. Last week I decided to buy a premium subscription and since then weird things started to happen. First, when I want to hear my daily mix in the windows app it says that I ...

• Hi! I started using Spotify and one of my favorite features was the daily mix. Last week I decided to buy a premium subscription and since then weird things started to happen. First, when I want to h...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify constantly skipping!

Was wondering if anyone was able to help. My Spotify premium account has suddenly started skipping every single song (last week or so), it’s like a scratched CD and is horrifically annoying (especially as a paying customer!). For some reason siri als...

• Was wondering if anyone was able to help. My Spotify premium account has suddenly started skipping every single song (last week or so), it’s like a scratched CD and is horrifically annoying (especial...
  • tk215
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloading songs with screen locked

All my friends seem to be able to download music with their phones locked or while browsing other apps but mine will only download with the app open and screen unlocked, is there a way to fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • All my friends seem to be able to download music with their phones locked or while browsing other apps but mine will only download with the app open and screen unlocked, is there a way to fix this?
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

In-Call playback

Spotify keeps playback when on call. This doesn't happen while on normal GSM call but when using any 3rd party app such as Signal, WhatsApp etc. which support Apple Callkit. Especially while on bluetooth connection (handsfree, Airpods etc.). This iss...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify keeps playback when on call. This doesn't happen while on normal GSM call but when using any 3rd party app such as Signal, WhatsApp etc. which support Apple Callkit. Especially while on bluet...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I go back to free Spotify?

Hi, I signed up for Spotify in December last year. I was immediately charged a subscription fee, despite the 'free one month trial' for the premium account. How do I remove my premium account? Cheers, Kristen.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I signed up for Spotify in December last year. I was immediately charged a subscription fee, despite the 'free one month trial' for the premium account. How do I remove my premium account? &n...
  • Chriskelliher
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Missing play queue on iOS

Hi,Does anyone know where the play queue has gone on the latest Spotify update (v7.6.0)?It always used to be at the top right of the now playing screen but is no longer visible.ThanksOli

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Does anyone know where the play queue has gone on the latest Spotify update (v7.6.0)? It always used to be at the top right of the now playing screen but is no longer visible. Thanks Oli
  • BookIT
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect device not available on new iphone8

I cannot see my spotify connect device (pioneer X-HM72) from my new iphone8. It worked perfect on my old Iphone6 and still works perfect on all our other apple devices (ipads, iphone6) I'm using the latest spotify app on all devices. And I have check...

• I cannot see my spotify connect device (pioneer X-HM72) from my new iphone8. It worked perfect on my old Iphone6 and still works perfect on all our other apple devices (ipads, iphone6)...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Bug] Spotify shows wrong skip/next buttons

Hi,I'm using Spotify version 8.4.48.526 on iOS with my iPhone X. I detected that Spotify shows really often the wrong skip buttons:E.g. when I was listening to a podcast (Duration: 55min) I see instead of next/previous buttons, the -+15s buttons (cor...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, I'm using Spotify version 8.4.48.526 on iOS with my iPhone X. I detected that Spotify shows really often the wrong skip buttons: E.g. when I was listening to a podcast (Duration: 55min) I see i...
  • allesmatze
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist description not updating

When I update the playlist description on the desktop app, it doesn't seem it pushes the update on my iPhone. Any suggestions?

• Visitor
  • When I update the playlist description on the desktop app, it doesn't seem it pushes the update on my iPhone. Any suggestions?
  • JonnyP67
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

No puedo escuchar algunas canciones sin razón alguna!

Simplemente aparecen en mi lista con un tono de color más apago, sin dejarme seleccionarla para reproducirla. Qué puedo hacer? Ya cerré y abrí sesión

• Simplemente aparecen en mi lista con un tono de color más apago, sin dejarme seleccionarla para reproducirla. Qué puedo hacer? Ya cerré y abrí sesión 
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes