Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

iPhone stops playing when I switch apps or lock screen

The subject says it all. Recently updated phone to iOS 8.1, noticed this problem today. Spotify will stop playing the track as soon as I leave the app (regardless of how I leave it), and refuses to play unless I'm in the application. Looked through t...

• Casual Listener
  • The subject says it all.  Recently updated phone to iOS 8.1, noticed this problem today.  Spotify will stop playing the track as soon as I leave the app (regardless of how I leave it), and ...
  • JustTrynaHelp
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes

Unable to clear 'Your Saved Songs' from Recently Played

Hi, under 'Recently Played' on the Home page for the iOS app I have an icon called 'Your Saved Songs' - this has only appeared in the past week (see screenshot). There is no way to remove it as it doesn't appear in 'Your Library' under 'Recently Play...

• Hi, under 'Recently Played' on the Home page for the iOS app I have an icon called 'Your Saved Songs' - this has only appeared in the past week (see screenshot). There is no way to remove it as it do...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local Files in playlist not showing up

So I have about 19 custom songs in a playlist. They show up on my Android device but spotify on iOS 9.3.5 doesn't want to sync them. When I play one and tap the "Listen on this iPad" button it says "Song not downloaded"

• So I have about 19 custom songs in a playlist. They show up on my Android device but spotify on iOS 9.3.5 doesn't want to sync them. When I play one and tap the "Listen on this iPad" button it says "...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS 11.3 no rewind button in lock screen or control centre

Since updating to iOS 11.3, the Spotify controls in the lock screen have changed preventing you from replaying the current song from the start or going backwards through previous songs. The rewind icon has been replaced by three bars and when clicked...

• Casual Listener
  • Since updating to iOS 11.3, the Spotify controls in the lock screen have changed preventing you from replaying the current song from the start or going backwards through previous songs. The rewind ic...
  • davezharding
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Running feature disappeared

Where has the running feature gone?!I updated the app on iphone 5c yesterday, now running 4.6.0.1466.I've tried logging out and in again, closing and opening the app. Don't want to reinstall the app unless i abolutely have to (would have to redownloa...

• Regular
  • Where has the running feature gone?! I updated the app on iphone 5c yesterday, now running 4.6.0.1466. I've tried logging out and in again, closing and opening the app. Don't want to reinstall the ...
  • jacquihughez
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes

Particular local song seems to be "downloaded" but isn't playing offline

Hi folks, got an annoying problem: I put some local songs in a playlist of mine, which are all playing perfectly in offline mode except for this ONE song, which isn't.It's only playing in online mode with the desktop application running, else it won'...

• Hi folks,  got an annoying problem: I put some local songs in a playlist of mine, which are all playing perfectly in offline mode except for this ONE song, which isn't. It's only playing in on...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Login failed on mobile

So I use my Facebook to log into Spotify but it seems that the app will not allow me to log in? When I was listening to music it just cut off and said to sign in. I've made sure that my app is updated but it gives me an error saying username and or p...

• So I use my Facebook to log into Spotify but it seems that the app will not allow me to log in? When I was listening to music it just cut off and said to sign in. I've made sure that my app is update...
  • jasonstoned
  • 25 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 25 replies
  • 3 likes

Maximum Downloaded Content Warning

This is not a discussion about the 9,999 songs limit. I don't even think I've hit anywhere near that. What I would like however, is to stop receiving a modal box telling me I've reached the maximum most of the time when I open the app.

• This is not a discussion about the 9,999 songs limit. I don't even think I've hit anywhere near that.   What I would like however, is to stop receiving a modal box telling me I've reached the ...
  • Davoudnabi
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Sonos connectivity

Hi, I’ve recently registered for Spotify premium and can’t seems to connect my sonos devices to Spotify. I’ve logged in in my sonos account - I can see the sonos devices in Spotify app but when I try to click on them - nothing.I’m on the latest versi...

• Hi,   I’ve recently registered for Spotify premium and can’t seems to connect my sonos devices to Spotify. I’ve logged in in my sonos account - I can see the sonos devices in Spotify app but w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Browse button on Apple CarPlay gone?

Since the most recent update, I no longer have a browse button in Apple CarPlay. That is 90% of the reason I use it in the first place to select a radio station or style of music. Will this be fixed? Has it been removed for a reason? If it’s gone for...

• Visitor
  • Since the most recent update, I no longer have a browse button in Apple CarPlay. That is 90% of the reason I use it in the first place to select a radio station or style of music.   Will this ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Update causing major issues

I can't seem to shuffle my playlist. It will play the song from the beginning of the playlist. It also won't let me search for songs within my playlist, or rearrange the songs in any manner. How do I fix this issue?

• Casual Listener
  • I can't seem to shuffle my playlist. It will play the song from the beginning of the playlist. It also won't let me search for songs within my playlist, or rearrange the songs in any manner. How do I...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Seconds counter pt2

Hi new to community.... I recently downloaded the This Is Avicii playlist (May he RIP) I need the counter to stay on. I used to be able to double tap the timeline and it would stay on, but won’t now. Here is a question from last year that says it’s s...

• Hi 🙂 new to community.... I recently downloaded the This Is Avicii playlist (May he RIP) I need the counter to stay on. I used to be able to double tap the timeline and it would stay on, but won’t n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't search playlist or arrange songs?

The new update won't let me search within my playlist, or rearrange my playlist. It used to be able to in the old version, but now I can't?

• Casual Listener
  • The new update won't let me search within my playlist, or rearrange my playlist. It used to be able to in the old version, but now I can't?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Having issues with music cover art when trying to access queue.

When trying to play a song Stir Fry by Migos for example, after the song finishes I am not able to access my queue or go back on my screen to select more songs. This can be a pain while I’m trying to DJ at a party, is their a fix or any way to disabl...

• When trying to play a song Stir Fry by Migos for example, after the song finishes I am not able to access my queue or go back on my screen to select more songs. This can be a pain while I’m trying to...
  • Highclasskill3r
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Daily Mixes won't generate

I am using Spotify on the iOS platform, and I haven't seen any Daily Mixes. I have seen, however, the Welcome Mix and the Discover Weekly playlists. When I search "Daily Mix", the Daily Mix genre comes up, and it says that they are still being worked...

• I am using Spotify on the iOS platform, and I haven't seen any Daily Mixes. I have seen, however, the Welcome Mix and the Discover Weekly playlists. When I search "Daily Mix", the Daily Mix genre com...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Version 8.4.48.526 On iPhone X

Queue is missing from the now playing screen and sometimes it switches to a badly cropped album artwork. Now I have to tap the artwork before I can use any of the controlls. New interface is annoying to use and I can’t see the full artwork anymore. B...

• Queue is missing from the now playing screen and sometimes it switches to a badly cropped album artwork. Now I have to tap the artwork before I can use any of the controlls. New interface is annoying...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I need help

Whenever I decided to listen to music on Spotify, the song never changes on my home Screen. The song changes on the app and it plays perfectly but when I click out, the different song doesn’t show up on the home screen. It’s looks like it’s stuck or ...

• Whenever I decided to listen to music on Spotify, the song never changes on my home Screen. The song changes on the app and it plays perfectly but when I click out, the different song doesn’t show up...
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

friend feed in offline mode

Is what I'm listening to published to the friend feed while offline?

• Visitor
  • Is what I'm listening to published to the friend feed while offline?
  • raganhuse
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes