Announcements

Spotify constant crashes in loadingscreen

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify constant crashes in loadingscreen

Regular

@MattSuda wrote:

@landaire 

Right now Spotify does not "fully" support iOS 8 as it is still in its beta stages.

The app should be compatible with iOS 8 by the time of its final release this September.

I am currently using iOS 8 beta as well. I've had many problems, but using a beta you have to expect things not to work.

I understand that. Please read the full post. This is not iOS 8-related unless OP meant he has an iPhone 4S. If you look at the crash dump I posted, Spotify is doing too much crap in its startup method. You can't really blame iOS 8 for that when every other app I use is working totally fine, and this issue started happening out of nowhere.

Casual Listener
I talked with the tech service on Twitter and they don't know how to fix it yet, for the user of ios 8 they hope that with the new beta release it will work, if the problem is still here, wait a new update of spotify or contact them, for Twitter it's @spotifycares
Highlighted

Casual Listener
Same problem as me, plz help 😞
Highlighted
Solution!

Regular

Quick update! I just did a fresh install of iOS and set it up as a new device. After this, the app finally works properly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I have the same problem, again. It occured after a install to iOS 8 two weeks again. And then the problems started. I reinstalled iOS and it started to work again. Then for the second the problems started so removed the app and this fixed the problems! But now, for the third time I have the exact same problem.

Problem: Tries to start Spotify --> The app seems to be loading then quits without leaving the startup phase. 

Nothing except a reinstall helps. It is maddening and I think I might go crazy. 😞

Highlighted

Regular

@Entalpi try changing your locale and relaunching the app:

"If Spotify is crashing at startup on iOS 8, try changing your phone's SettingsLanguage & Region to another country, then change back."

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/513045543720079360

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I switched to Swedish from English, restarted and launched Spotify - exact same problem as before. I also did it vice versa from English to Swedish with the same result. I also tried rebooting. 😞

Highlighted

I didn't update iOS to 8, nothing has changed, only new spotify version. It crashes all the time. Please I would like downgrade! Thanks
Highlighted

I am having the same problem.
iOS 7.1.2
iPhone 4S
Spotify 1.7.1
Spotify Premium user (for now)

I've tried reinstalling Spotify several times. With a fresh install I can sometimes open the app but if I sync any playlists or albums then the next time I want to use the app I tap the icon and see the Spotify splash startup screen and the app crashes before it finishes starting up.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
My problem is almost exactly the same. I have tried restarting, reinstalling, and completely wiping my phone. When I reinstalled Spotify, it lets me enter my login information and then crashes. I am so annoyed!! I just got Spotify Premium too!
SUGGESTED POSTS