Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes on ipod touch when online

Solved!

Spotify crashes on ipod touch when online

My spotify mobile (latest version) on my ipod touch (latest os4) crashes after around 1 song. (mostly when the song is coming to an end) This happens all the time when im online, but not when im offline. I have reset (hard reset) my ipod and same thing happens again. It does not happen if im offline. Help?

note; this does not happen on my iphone (os5.1)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Similar thing occurs for my ipod touch 2nd generation. But it will crash also when offline, often during or shortly after a new song. I have also tried reinstalling the app but no effect.

Any ideas?

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Similar thing occurs for my ipod touch 2nd generation. But it will crash also when offline, often during or shortly after a new song. I have also tried reinstalling the app but no effect.

Any ideas?

Yup, I'm also having the same problems. I'm seeing it on an iPod touch 3G. It seems to be getting worse - I'm also hitting it almost every song now. As the OP said, it seems to be when the ipod is connected to an internet connection, but it doesn't seem to matter whether it's streaming music or playing downloaded music.

Same problem here: Spotify works smoothly on iPhone or iPad, but crashes on iPod touch. It has been a while already.
Spotify?? Anyone?

This problem is driving my crazy, and is making me seriously reconsider continuing my premium account.  I'm on an older ipod touch.  Sometimes it works ok for a long stretch and then crashes, sometimes it does it after a song or two.  I've taken to using it in offline mode to try and make it more stable, but it does it offline as well as online (maybe a little less often offline).

I upgraded my iPod Touch 3G to iOS 5.0 a couple of weeks ago (mostly to get the latest version of Spotify) and Spotify has been fine since then. Is that an option for you? I originally worried that upgrading to 5.0 would be a nightmare with an older ipod, but it's been fine. 

Kenny

I pod touch 2nd generation 4ios - spotify crashes after a few minutes wq2hen I am online - all the time

Almost the same happens to me - I've just updated to the latest version today and hoped it would fix the problem. But it didn't. In my case, the app crashes RELIABLY if I go to the home screen while playing and try to reopen spotify from the background. The same happens if I turn the screen off while playing - as soon as I turn it on again, the played time count in spotify freezes and a few seconds later, it crashes completely. I have closed all the other apps that ran in background, I have restarted and soft resetted my iPod Touch (4Gen, 64GB, latest iOS, no jailbreak), but it happens again and again. I became Pro user because of the advantage of using it on my iPod, but if it doesn't work soon, I don't see the point of staying a paying customer. My question: Is the problem acknowledged by the developers? Will there be a fix within the next weeks? If not, I'll revert to free usage. What I really miss in this thread is JUST ONE reply from staff! It's like we're reporting a bug here and nobody listens/answers SINCE APRIL?! Is this the kind of customer service I have to expect as a paying customer? Or should I open a support ticket? Why don't you guys from staff just read and react to what's being written in the forum? Regards, Alexander

My apologies for not seeing this topic before.

Since we just released a new version I'm hoping that at least some people will be able to solve their iPod Touch issues now.

Please come to the thread below, so I can forward all your feedback and link to one place.

Please use the troubleshooting guidelines in this topic.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts