Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes when Voiceover is turned on.

Solved!

Spotify crashes when Voiceover is turned on.

Hi there,

I am experiencing some weird behavior when I try to open the Spotify app with VoiceOver turned on (IOS Speech synthesis). When I open the app it loads the screen, hang for some few seconds and then closing the app. If I disable VoiceOver, open Spotify, and then turn on VoiceOver again, it works, but it is not exactly a good solution and for people who has less eye-sight than me, it might be a greater problem besides the annoyance.

My phone is an iPhone 4s.

Hope you can find a solution for this.

Regards.
Christoffer

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I am sooo sad about this. Prior getting ios 9 on my iphone 5c maybe 3-4 weeks ago, i could use speech to voice over my favorite novel while playing fitting music in the background with spotify. People were amae at this possibility. I really enjoyed it. But now, as soon as i start speech, the music gors completely off instead of slightly lower. Why oh why have you killed such a nice feature!!!!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

hi, i am blind but can still use voice over to move around the spotify app. For the last month, i hav not bin able to use the app because ever time i doubble tapp on the app, it sounds like it is going to open but then takes me back to the homepage on the iPod. I don't know what is wrong with it and i have removed the app, restarted my iPod, removed the app then restart the iPod. Nothing seems to work. So i was wondering if someone knew what to do in this case. I could not find an email for the spotify team just a tweeter. I don't have an account there. I have lost my $10 subscription but don't mind as long as i get it to work again.
thanks
Jesus Ortiz.

Hi @j-ortiz There was a similar post from @ChristofferWP the other day so I've merged the two threads.

I can only imagine how tough it must be with voiceover not working so I'll escalate the issue to the spotify team.

Hi guys,

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble. Before we escalate it further, have you all tried the troubleshooting steps here?

If not, please give them a go. Let us know how you get on.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I've tried the troubleshooting now and it did not help. I could get to the login screen, authenticate (Using facebook). After I have done that the app restarts and it starts to load and crash as it did before.

Hey guys 🙂 

Is there any improvement with the most recent iOS update? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Nope, no improvements. The only difference is that it takes a few more seconds before it crashes now.

Short update: With the latest version of Spotify it is even worse. I used to be able to run it if i turned Voiceover off when i started Spotify and turned it back on when Spotify had started. Now, it can sometimes even crashes when I'm just navigating the app.

Marked as solution

I am sooo sad about this. Prior getting ios 9 on my iphone 5c maybe 3-4 weeks ago, i could use speech to voice over my favorite novel while playing fitting music in the background with spotify. People were amae at this possibility. I really enjoyed it. But now, as soon as i start speech, the music gors completely off instead of slightly lower. Why oh why have you killed such a nice feature!!!!

Suggested posts