Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes while playing song

Spotify crashes while playing song

I have an iphone x (IOS 14) when i play a song and i turn my phone off the song randomly stops playing and when I go back to play it, Spotify is crashed it restarts itself. It has been doing this forever please help

5 Replies

Hey @Feras1, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps? If you're still having trouble, try a different network connection and let me know if that makes a difference. 

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've tried this and it still doesn't work. I've tried everything and it still continues to crash Spotify, actually as I was writing this it just crashed on me while listening to some Dr Dre.

Hey @Feras1

Thanks for getting back to us with this info. 

Just to confirm, is the app only crashing when it's in the background?

Also, could you send over the Spotify version you're currently running? 

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

yes it only crashes when it is in the background. I have turned on background refresh for spotify and it still crashed i even turned it back off, it still crashed. From reading information from other posts about this topic ive come to the sense that this problem occurs when spotify uses more then normal cpu usage for an app. I dont have a reason why this happens but I know that when an app uses abnormal cpu usage, the phone force quits the app from preventing it from overheating. This is a thing that is built in apples cpu chips. To fix this you may need to contact someone who is a developer of spotify to try to fix this problem and fix it. Thank you for replying to my post,
fera OUT (cool face)

Hi @Feras1

Thanks for your reply.

Could you let us know if this happens with the app both in offline and online mode? You can learn how to toggle this setting here.

We'd also recommend making sure that your device has enough storage space available. 

Let us know how it goes.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts