Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

List of all heard songs gone

Hello at all! After one update some months ago there was a button in the right top corner on the startpage from the iOS spotify app. After i clicked on it there were all songs show that i have played the last 3 months. It was fantastic! Yesterday i w...

• Regular
  • Hello at all!   After one update some months ago there was a button in the right top corner on the startpage from the iOS spotify app. After i clicked on it there were all songs show that i ha...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problems to listen music

PlanPremiumCountryHondurasDeviceIPhone 11 Pro Operating SystemiOS 14.2 My Question or IssueI have an iphone 11 pro with the latest update 14.2 and with the latest update of the Spotify app, the problem is that when I play any song and lock my phone, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Honduras Device IPhone 11 Pro  Operating System iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue I have an iphone 11 pro with the latest update 14.2 and with the latest update...
  • Angovi10
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

iOS offline - Stopping songs while playing and jumping to random different song also crashing often

PlanPremiumCountryCZ DeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 14.2 My Question or IssueHi, I have troubles after recent iOS update. Spotify app is acting like it has its own mind. It stops while playing and/or jumps to different totally random songs. Also t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country CZ   Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue Hi, I have troubles after recent iOS update. Spotify app is acting like it has its own ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files won't sync to iPhone

Plan: PremiumCountry: AustraliaDevice: iPhone 7+Operating System: iOS 12.1.4 I have several local files in a Spotify playlist that I would like to be able to play on my iPhone, but they're not syncing. I've gone through all of the instructions/soluti...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: Australia Device: iPhone 7+ Operating System: iOS 12.1.4    I have several local files in a Spotify playlist that I would like to be able to play ...
  • rossnick
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution playlist sharing to instagram bug

Hey, I’ve been having this problem where I don’t have a custom cover but the regular 4grid thing which was supposed to display the first 4 songs on the playlist. In the app it’s totally fine, however, when I try to share on my instagram story the ord...

• Visitor
  • Hey,   I’ve been having this problem where I don’t have a custom cover but the regular 4grid thing which was supposed to display the first 4 songs on the playlist. In the app it’s totally fine...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Mac air 2020 non riconosce premium

PlanPremiumCountryItaliaDeviceMacbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, My Question or IssueHo premium su redme e pc windows 7. Volevo aggiungerlo su mac air m1 2020 appena preso ma non mi riconosce il premium. aiuto

•   Plan Premium Country Italia Device Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10,    My Question or Issue Ho premium su redme e pc windows 7. Volevo aggiungerlo su mac a...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Battery problem on iPhone 7

I run Spotify App on my iPhone 7 (iOs 14.2) every morning, after a complete cycle recharge during the night. The iPhone is always in airplane mode with bluetooth on (no headphones connected, I connect them in a second moment). I select a track from m...

• Visitor
  • I run Spotify App on my iPhone 7 (iOs 14.2) every morning, after a complete cycle recharge during the night. The iPhone is always in airplane mode with bluetooth on (no headphones connected, I connec...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How to play music from headphone at Apple Watch?

How do you play music from headphone via Apple Watch bluetooth connection?I have Apple Watch 5 cellular with WatchOS6 and free Spotify. I have mobile data.

• Casual Listener
  • How do you play music from headphone via Apple Watch bluetooth connection? I have Apple Watch 5 cellular with WatchOS6 and free Spotify. I have mobile data.
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Feature request: option to permanently deactivate shuffle + repeat

I never want to use shuffle or repeat, I want to select an album, listen to the album, select a different album etc. My shuffle and repeat options are being activated often and randomly, I think this is related to the bluetooth connection to my car s...

• Regular
  • I never want to use shuffle or repeat, I want to select an album, listen to the album, select a different album etc.   My shuffle and repeat options are being activated often and randomly, I t...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Audio quality question

If I change the audio quality setting for download, does it update the songs I've already downloaded? I've changed it to a higher setting in this particular case. If not, how can I update this manually?Thanks!Arthur

• Casual Listener
  • If I change the audio quality setting for download, does it update the songs I've already downloaded? I've changed it to a higher setting in this particular case. If not, how can I update this manual...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple TV - How to make shuffle the default?

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceAppleTV 4kOperating Systemtvos13 My Question or IssueHow do I set shuffle play as default on apple tv? Every time I play music on tv I have to manually enable it.

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device AppleTV 4k Operating System tvos13   My Question or Issue How do I set shuffle play as default on apple tv? Every time I play music on tv I have...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • AppleTV
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution iOS app not gapless

Previously gapless playback has worked for long time but now that I've played couple live-albums, unfornately it seems that there's some little gap between songs.Can you please check and see what is causing this error? PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevice...

• Roadie
  • Previously gapless playback has worked for long time but now that I've played couple live-albums, unfornately it seems that there's some little gap between songs. Can you please check and see what i...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution home and Browse pages KO, search, radio and mylibrary OK

PremiumBelgiumiPad 1, iOS 9.3.5 (13G36), yes still in use Spotify 8.4.62.490 Hello,no changes from my part, but since last monday home and browse pages are unavailable (''une erreur s'est produite, réessayer', 'page introuvable, désolé la page que vo...

• Visitor
  • Premium Belgium iPad 1, iOS 9.3.5 (13G36), yes still in use 🙂 Spotify 8.4.62.490   Hello, no changes from my part, but since last monday home and browse pages are unavailable (''une erreu...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

[iOS][Playlists] Remove playlist cover image

I have recently changed the cover image for one of my playlists, however, I would like to remove it so it is changed back to the original album art that Spotify automatically choses when you create the playlist. I have had a look and there's no optio...

• Visitor
  • I have recently changed the cover image for one of my playlists, however, I would like to remove it so it is changed back to the original album art that Spotify automatically choses when you create t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Broken app

PlanPremiumCountryNew Zealand Device(IPhone xr Operating System(iOS 14.2 My Question or Issue after reading through the posts about the latest update causing very unstable instances of the app and all the responses about a clean re instal, perms and ...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country New Zealand  Device (IPhone xr  Operating System (iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue   after reading through the posts about the latest update...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify app crashing

Plan: PremiumCountry:CanadaDevice: IPhone 7 PlusOperating System: iOS 14.2 My Question or IssueI just recently switched from Apple Music to Spotify premium, and I really enjoy it. It’s a way better set up. But whenever I try to play the music that’s ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan: Premium Country:Canada Device: IPhone 7 Plus Operating System: iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue I just recently switched from Apple Music to Spotify premium, and I really...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Battery Drain in iOS 14

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 12 miniOperating SystemiOS 14 My Question or IssueWhen using Spotify on airplane mode with AirPods Pro, I experienced massive battery drain. No other apps were active during this time, and I did not experience simila...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 12 mini Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue When using Spotify on airplane mode with AirPods Pro, I experienced massive battery dr...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local FIles not Syncing

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemComputer is a windows 10 My Question or IssueI have spotify premium and wanted to sync a song from youtube to my phone. i downloaded the mp3 of that song on my computer and added it to a playlist li...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 11 Operating System Computer is a windows 10   My Question or Issue I have spotify premium and wanted to sync a song from youtube to my p...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution New episodes does not show in list

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceiphone XROperating Systemios 14.1 My Question or IssueNew episodes does show up in my list of podcasts in the "Episodes" tab. However they show if I go to the "program" tab. Also if I close the app and restart they show ...

•   Plan Premium Country Sweden Device iphone XR Operating System ios 14.1   My Question or Issue New episodes does show up in my list of podcasts in the "Episodes" tab. However th...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS/iPhone] Spotify app displayed completely broken

Spotify Premium Family DeviceiPhone 11 128GBOperating SystemiOS 14.2 (18B92)Spotify 8.5.84.680 My Issue- I'm listing to music from Spotify app (Spotify app is in foreground) through my car headunit (A2DP bluetooth)- I lock iPhone (display goes off)- ...

IMG_8250.PNG IMG_8251.PNG
  • Music Fan
  • Spotify Premium Family   Device iPhone 11 128GB Operating System iOS 14.2 (18B92) Spotify 8.5.84.680   My Issue - I'm listing to music from Spotify app (Spotify app is in foregroun...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes