Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify data usage on my phone.

Solved!

Spotify data usage on my phone.

Not sure if this is the correct sub to post in but oh well. I'm a premium member using spotify on offline mode, with the lowest KB/S stream quality, I also have mobile data turned off to spotify, and offline mode is turned on with unsynced tracks hidden.

Im still using up ALL my data (5GB/month) and recieving additional bills of 70+ onwards pounds per month extra as spotify is using like 8GB/month on my phone.

I use my WiFi at home to sync songs (first through PC, then update/sync on mobile) I use spotify in my car on offline mode for like, two hours a day at most? The rest is all on WiFi. Any information would be greatly appreciated, don't want to cancel my sub but will have to if im paying over 100+ a month to listen to music.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

How can I delete a inserted question?
regards from Germany / Nürnberg

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I miss the option to delete a inserted message/published question I did?

Marked as solution

I'm not sure about deleting, but if you click on Options from the top right corner of the post you made, you can select edit and just change the text.

-edit-

I thought you were asking because you realised that your post was not relevant to the thread, not because you wanted to hide your installed apps. Don't worry, your secret's safe with me. 😉 

Anyway, this thread is about mobile data, not about Spotify's disk space issues.

10 Replies

Not sure if this is the correct sub to post in but oh well. I'm a premium member using spotify on offline mode, with the lowest KB/S stream quality, I also have mobile data turned off to spotify, and offline mode is turned on with unsynced tracks hidden.

Im still using up ALL my data (5GB/month) and recieving additional bills of 70+ onwards pounds per month extra as spotify is using like 8GB/month on my phone.

I use my WiFi at home to sync songs (first through PC, then update/sync on mobile) I use spotify in my car on offline mode for like, two hours a day at most? The rest is all on WiFi on my desktop. Any information would be greatly appreciated, don't want to cancel my sub but will have to if im paying over 100+ a month to listen to music.

I too have this issue, have done all you have Xiphia and can't figure it out and besides driving me nuts it's costing me money!!

@Xiphia @Daskarzine

Can you provide the following?

1. The exact device and OS

2. The Spotify app version installed

3. Screenshot of the data usage

Then I can pass it on to staff so they can take a closer look.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I'm having the same problem.

What I've noticed is that the phone seems to be downloading the songs I'm adding to "Your Music" from my PC, however Spotify on Android doesn't show it's been downloaded. I know this because I added a song this morning and when I went on an underground train, the song I had added started playing despite not having any mobile reception and WiFi settings had been turned off.

Please see this screenshot:

spotify.png

Notice how the downloaded logo is grayed out, but the song is still playing.

Perhaps it's something to do with Spotify Connect.

@MattSuda wrote:

@Xiphia @Daskarzine

Can you provide the following?

1. The exact device and OS

2. The Spotify app version installed

3. Screenshot of the data usage

Then I can pass it on to staff so they can take a closer look.

1. LG G2 D802 - Android 4.4.2

2. Spotify version 3.6.0.789

data.png

-edit-

Whoops, didn't realise this was iOS category... But I'll leave it seeing that the issue seems to be cross-platform as evidenced by other similar posts.

Please find attached the overview of my available storage.

See also attached a screenshot of the version  of Spotify that is installed on my iPad.

How can I delete single tracks without losing them from my playlist ?

Currently Spotify is using too much storage and I have no control of it 

image.jpg
image.jpg
Marked as solution

How can I delete a inserted question?
Marked as solution

I miss the option to delete a inserted message/published question I did?

Marked as solution

I'm not sure about deleting, but if you click on Options from the top right corner of the post you made, you can select edit and just change the text.

-edit-

I thought you were asking because you realised that your post was not relevant to the thread, not because you wanted to hide your installed apps. Don't worry, your secret's safe with me. 😉 

Anyway, this thread is about mobile data, not about Spotify's disk space issues.

You did not understand me. But it's OK. I found an option to edit my text. I still had the real question. Those of my items have been on third or iPhone dissolution. Thank you
Marked as solution

Suggested posts