Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify does not work in iOS 8 Beta 3!

Solved!

Spotify does not work in iOS 8 Beta 3!

I just found out that Spotify does not work on iOS 8 Beta 3. The app just closes automatically the moment you launch it. I never experienced this on iOS 8 Beta 2.

UPDATE: I've tried removing it then reinstalling the app as well as restarting my phone. It worked. Although the second time that I launched it, well, it's the same thing again. It closes automatically upon launching it.

50 Replies

Hi Edgar,
Glad to hear it. Mine works fine too on GM. Looks like Spotify are on top of their game.
A fine app gets even better.....

Yes!! It works against for me after their recent update!!

Works and working properly like a subscription based product are very, very different.
Even on GM the play queue is causing issues. Try getting an offline album to play in the correct order or, trying to clear the queue. iPad version STILL doesn't support your music.

Not a good showing.

@SpotifyCares on Twitter says another iOS update will be coming next week for iOS 8. I guess we'll have to see if that's true.

Also, the new iPad update is coming soon. For real this time... it's a top priority.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have ios 8 GM and spotify dont work, I tried re install and does not start.

Any word from Spotify regarding a solution?!! Re-installing the app didnt work for me....we're without music!

I have the same problem, but not on beta version. I updated to ios8 yesterday, and spotify hasn't beten working since. Reinstalling didn't work either!!!

Spotify has updated to Version 1.7.1 - Get that from the App Store, it should work for iOS 8.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Yep,I agree. The latest version of Spotify works well. I have no issues or problems at all with it.

For anyone on iOS 8, make sure you're running the latest version of iOS as well.

So I'm the only one with music playing in shuffle all the time due to a play queue that can't be edited? Yes, it's the release version of iOS 8 and v 1.7.1 of the software on an iPhone 5s. Still poor.

Editing play queues is not a feature in v1.7.1.7. You can request it if it's important to you.

It depends on what you mean by "edit".

You can rearrange and remove the songs that you add to the queue.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Editing Play queues is not important to me, their complete removal is, as they are the problem.

I go to a saved album with for example, 10 tracks and hit play on track 1. If I check the play queue, the album will not be in sequence causing it to play at random.
The play queue is a symptom of the problem. The work around would be to reorder the queue and that can't be done.
So despite all of the bluster over the past few weeks spotify hasn't provided a polished product. Again.

Does not really work at all.

I received also this update but it will not be installed by the system. So it is loading ... installation and before it is finished .. it stops and nothing!

Also the restart does not solve this problem.

Any other ideas? 😞

I'm having the same issue. I'm on iOS 8 and the newest version of Spotify. The app quits out. I can't do anything.

Marked as solution

Hey guys!

@SpotifyCares on Twitter has suggested a work around that might solve the problem: 

"If Spotify is crashing at startup on iOS 8, try changing your phone's SettingsLanguage & Region to another country, then change back."

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/513045543720079360

MattSudaSpotify Star

How did you get it to work? I have an iPhone 5c, and I just updated my iOS to 8, and yet the app opens and instantly crashes. What's wrong?

I still cant open the app. It keeps crashing everytime I try to open it I tried restarting my phıne. I also tried deleting and reinstalling the app. Please help.

@Thebadmf wrote:
I go to a saved album with for example, 10 tracks and hit play on track 1. If I check the play queue, the album will not be in sequence causing it to play at random.

Are you sure shuffle isn't turned on? If shuffle is turned on, the tracks will appear "not in sequence" as you describe it.

Try toggling shuffle on and off and see if that makes a difference.

I've got the same problem an would like an actual solution for this. What should I do?

Suggested posts