Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for iOS pauses every 5-10 seconds

Solved!

Spotify for iOS pauses every 5-10 seconds

Spotify iOS app constantly pauses every 5-10 seconds only when streaming with mobile data (not over wifi).

I never have trouble streaming Pandora, so I am skeptical that it is a problem with cellular data coverage. The app also works fine when I am connected to wifi, but when connected to cellular data only, I cannot get continuous play. Extremely frustrated. If this isn't resolved I will probably just cancel my premium membership as the is the only feature I care about paying for. The app is fully updated 2.0.0 and I have an iPhone 4S running iOS 8.1

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @ipjwilli, welcome to the community!

Have you tried adjusting the music quality setting? You can do this by going into Settings-->Music Quality and then setting streaming to normal, it should look like this when your done: FullSizeRender.jpg

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @ipjwilli, welcome to the community!

Have you tried adjusting the music quality setting? You can do this by going into Settings-->Music Quality and then setting streaming to normal, it should look like this when your done: FullSizeRender.jpg

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

I've had the same issue since the last update.  I don't think it's related to the streaming quality selected in the app preferences.

Also, I switched my streaming quality to normal and still experience the same issue when connected to LTE and WIFI.

@reckoner227  Just to make sure, have you tried a clean install? You can follow the instructions here to do that 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

This definitely improved things greatly but I do still get occasional pauses. More like every 2-3 minutes now, which is more tolerable. I suppose it is possible that even at normal quiality, Spotify streams at a higher bitrate than Pandora.

I have the same problem. I've tried re-installing spotify, which didn't help, and am now forced to stream my songs at the lowest quality. It sounds really crappy now to be honest, and I feel that this isnt what im paying for. Something has changed since the last upgrade for the spotify-app. I have a 4G-connection and can download films at a speed of 1-2mb/s, so this isnt a connection problem. I really hope this will be fixed soon, or i will start looking for different alternatives to streaming music.

By the way, is it possible to undo an upgrade of my spotify app?

Yeah, I'd caution that I think this may be a legit bug/issue, and that Josh's initial reply should not be marked as the solution to close the ticket.

Suggested posts