Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for iPod Touch crashes on stream

Solved!

Spotify for iPod Touch crashes on stream

Hello everyone,

I have an iPod Touch 4th Generation on iOS 6.1.6. Unless a song is downloaded, when I try to play it, the app immediately crashes. This issue started after the 1.4.0 update. I tried a hard reset and that didn't help, and I REALLY don't want to have to re download the app.. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Christian

Rockin them drums
46 Replies

I am having this issue as well. iPod Touch 4g running iOS 6.1.2. It consistently crashes, specifically when I try to stream a song I've searched for, on the search results page. It seems alright when the songs are in a playlist but the search function is almost unusable when searching for a specific song.

Searching for the artist, then playing the song through the artist page also works. Seems to be a problem with the search results page, I think (on my end, anyway).

This never caught my attention before. I was able to listen to a song that is saved in a playlist, but not downloaded, and it still works. Just the search function is broken.

Rockin them drums

I'm glad we seem to have (sort of) nailed down the problem. 🙂

Yeah. I contacted @SpotifyCares about the problem via Twitter. Hopefully they'll resolve the issue soon.
Rockin them drums

Hey guys! Just want to confirm we're on the case with this one. The right folks have been notified and they're working on setting things straight.

As soon as I have an update I will post again here. 

Awesome 🙂

Rockin them drums

Thanks much, Meredith!

High five, Drumrocker!

Suggested posts