Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps adding songs to my playlist and I HATE IT!!!

Solved!

Spotify keeps adding songs to my playlist and I HATE IT!!!

Plan:

Free

Device:

Apple iPhone SE 2nd Generation

Operating System:

IOS 15

So I’m trying to memorize one song and one song only. So naturally I made a playlist with that song in it thinking that would be the end of it. But then I see that Spotify has add a lot of songs to it and I never added them. I go to delete them and find out that you can’t. You can only “hide” them. And as soon as it is removed from the list, another one takes its place!!!!! Do you know how stressful that is?!? All I want is 1 song. That’s it. Just one because I have other playlists with songs and I memorized every single song except for the one I made the playlist for. 

So my question is how do I stop the app from adding/playing songs without my consent?!?!?! This should not be happening as I have auto play turned off. So what do I do?

B0F7F2EE-7320-4040-A1A5-C949682EF28C.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have found a solution. This problem seems to only happen to free tier mobile users. Solution: Add at least a total of 15 songs to that playlist. For an extra measure, turn off autoplay by going to settings -> playback, then make sure On this Device and on other devices is off. 🙂

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @HeroRobertBrine,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

This is an expected behavior on a free account using the mobile version of the app. As part of the listening experience, Spotify will add similar songs to the playlist.

If you want to keep listening to a single song, you can use the option Repeat 1 on the desktop app or the web player by hitting the Repeat button twice. This option will keep looping the song you're currently listening to until you deactivate it.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you. 

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

For my free membership, on my phone, recommended songs will begin playing and interrupt my playlist listening, and it can be 6 to 10 songs in a row. I just want to listen to my playlist without all these interruptions. I already listen to a ton of ads. Why am I being forced to listen to 6 to 10 songs of no interest? I believe it is fair to have to listen to ads, but all these interrupting recommended songs? It's getting frustrating.

Whenever I try to listen to my playlist, Spotify randomly adds songs that I don't like to my playlist and even after about 30 of these random songs, I have only heard 3 of the songs in my playlist.

Plan

Free

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Nokia 3.4

Operating System

Android One

I found a lil trick to it now. if ur trying to memorize a song, put 14 other songs in that playlist. With each song added, it will cut off one of their randoms. Once you have 15 or more they no longer add them. 😉

With Web player that does work, I already knew that lol. My problem is in the mobile app. It seems, just like every other company out there, they give PC users the full features (even free users) and screw over mobile users with their stupid gimmicks. Only 6 skips an hour?!?! This is my biggest problem with Spotify. THEY. JUST. DON’T. CARE!!! No wonder why their stock prices are always on a down hill slide!

Maybe it’s time to pay for premium. Consider yourselves lucky to have a free tier at all. 

I don’t think this is only for the free app. I pay for a subscription and am having the same issue. I feel that this should not be included within the paid app. I am paying to not here ads and songs that I do t want but am getting songs added to my lists despite not wanting then added there. 

Marked as solution

I have found a solution. This problem seems to only happen to free tier mobile users. Solution: Add at least a total of 15 songs to that playlist. For an extra measure, turn off autoplay by going to settings -> playback, then make sure On this Device and on other devices is off. 🙂

Hey @HeroRobertBrine,

Thank you for keeping in contact. 

We're glad to know that everything is working fine now. We appreciate the time you took following the process and sharing what works for you. Hopefully, this tip will fix the issue for other users too.

In case you need anything else, remember that we're just a post away.

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yeah this is not the solution because we have been premium members for a long time and it's now happening to us too. Really really annoying. When my playlist is over I want it to stop, just stop. I don't want it to add more songs. I have all the auto play etc stuff off.

The app keeps playing random songs in my local file playlist. 8 have autoplay and automix and all other settings I can find that could cause this DISABLED. The playlist will start normally for a while then it will star randomly playing rap songs in my ASMR even tho I have it specially set not to do that. I also manually removes all suggestions it added to the playlist and it is STILL playing random suggestions.

Suggested posts