Free

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 14.4

My Question or Issue

After approximately 20 mins playing music, Spotify crashes. Once I reopen it, it keeps crashing during the 1st song.

Things I already tried:

- I made sure my iPhone is up to date

- I made sure I got the most up to date version of Spotify.

- I switched connections (Wi-Fi and cellular)

- I deleted the app, shutdown the phone, and reinstalled the App.

- I performed  a "clean reinstallation" of the app as per instructions in this link: How can I perform a clean reinstall of the app? - The Spotify Community)

- I did a Reset on my iPhone.

After trying all of these, Spotify keeps crashing.

Thanks for your help.

7 Replies

I a, attaching the crash report my iPhone generates

Hey @omar_eco,

Thanks for reaching out.

We appreciate the troubleshooting you've done so far. There are a couple more test that we want to make in order to get to the bottom of this. Could you borrow a friend or family members account and see if the issue comes up there as well? Alternatively you can create a new free one here.

If you have the option, could you also check if these crashes happen on other devices as well? Please include include in your reply the make, model, OS version and exact Spotify version on all devices you could test.

We'd love to investigate this further! We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I used a different account and the app keeps crashing. I tried on a different device but I don't have the same problem.

The information about the devices I tried is:

- iPhone 8 (iOS 14.4), Spotify app 8.6.6.1099. In this device, Spotify crashes.

- MacBook Pro 2017 (macOS Big Sur 11.2.2), Spotify app  1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7. In this device, Spotify doesn't crash.

I forgot to mention that after a certain time of using the Spotify app, it starts to drain the battery of my iPhone.

Thanks for your help!

Hey @omar_eco,

Thanks for getting back to us.

From what you're describing it would seem that you're experiencing a case of this Ongoing Issue we have at the moment. You can +VOTE and subscribe to it, if you haven't already. We'll keep you updated on any updates on the matter there, as soon as there are any.

Hope this is useful, but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for your answer.

I just want to report something.

I noticed that the app crashes every time I am listening to an album or my “liked songs” playlist. It happens after aprox 20 minutes I start listen to it. However, when I am listening to any other playlist I created, so far the app stopped crashing. I hope it makes sense and that it helps.

Cheers,

Hey there @omar_eco,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

As @Mihail mentioned this is an ongoing issue at the moment. We suggest that you head over to the ongoing issue that's provided in his latest reply and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello,

I've tried reporting this issue multiple times and the issue is archived before a solution is found. Just like many folks since January, the Spotify app keeps crashing and seems to only affect iPhone, not android phones.

I have an iPhone 11 - issue started with iOS 14 and each time a new phone update comes out or a new update for the app, I update. 

Current version of iPhone IOS: 14.4.2

Spotify app version: 8.6.12.1032

The issue is highly intermittent. It happens usually when the app is running in the background or the phone screen locks.

Again, all the app updates since January have not resolved the issue.

Suggested posts