Spotify keeps pausing and playing sporadically

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 11

My Question or Issue

I’ve had this issue before where I’d be listening to an album and the music pauses all of a sudden. I only use Spotify with headphones. The app starts playing and pausing the song repeatedly after the first pause. The issue had gone away the first time by logging out of all devices, uninstalling, restarting phone, reinstalling, and logging back in. It worked for a while, but the problem has recently resurfaced. 

6 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if theis may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

I'd also recommend using Sign Out Everywhere option in your Spotify account page as well as performing a password reset 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Loren Kazia,

Thank you for your response. I haven’t replied since I hadn’t seen the issue in a little bit. But it’s returned. I have a feeling it happens primarily in the morning. Since its returning I’ve gone through all the steps you’ve mentioned again (as I’ve done before) with no success. The issue resolved by this solution the first time it happened, but it makes no difference now. It’ll pause, skip, play as it pleases within the first song before and right after the steps you’ve mentioned. I’ve also changed the adapter and headphones to see if that may be the issue, it wasn’t. 

iOS version: 11.4.1

Spotify version: 8.4.71

Thank you,

Salvador

Hey @Sadj,

Thanks for clearing that 🙂

I'd recommend upgrading to iOS 12 as it's the latest version for iOS and trying the Remove Offline devices in your Spotify account page.

If that doesn't help, could you try signing in with another Spotify account or maybe trying it with a different network connection?

Let me know how it goes.

The update didn’t work. I’m sorry to have bothered you with this issue since it turned out to be a hardware problem instead of software. I tried out a new apple lightning headphone jack adapter and it solved the issue right away. Thank you for your help.

Salvador

Hey @Sadj, I wasn't bored at all, on the contrary it's my pleasure to help 😄

The important thing is that you solved it! 🎉

I wish you a…

https://open.spotify.com/track/0tBnCG4gXbGkVH8zUTGO8l

The same thing has happened to me. Maybe it’s the headphones? That was my problem. I used different headphones and the issue went away. 

Hope this helps 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Suggested posts