Free/Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

My spotify keeps pausing (at the 11second mark of a song to be precise). I have to restart the app for the song to play. Once that song has played, the next song will stop and I have to go through the same process.

I’ve tried restarting my app, signing in and out, restarting my phone, updating my phone software, toggling ‘background app refresh’. Nothing has worked. 

This happens whilst using either data or wifi, and with low-power mode on or off.

I am currently using spotify version: 8.6.8.1211

Please help.

4 Replies

Hey @lijameshancock,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind trying again with a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference?

Additionally, could you let us know if this happens across devices or only on your phone?

Keep us posted!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello, I have been experiencing a similar issue for about a week. The song will randomly pause and it has been impossible to listen to anything. This issue is consistent on all my devices (iphone8, mac os 10.15.7, web player on Chrome). Web player on Safari seems to be working (for now), but I would really like to resolve this issue on my mobile. 

I have tried MANY troubleshooting suggestions including:

-restarting my device 

-logging out of all my devices through the account menu

-changing my wifi/network connection

-clearing cache and deleting/reinstalling the app

-checking which devices are using the app

-checking access in my settings

Any further insight would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently using the mobile version 8.6.56.1456.

I have the exact same problem. I have tried the troubleshooting steps. There's is a bug here. Please fix it. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

Could you try with another account on the same devices to check if anything changes?

In case the issue persists, it's a good idea to send us a video recording of what you're seeing. We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts