Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps the screen on

Spotify keeps the screen on

Plan

Premium Family plan

Country

Canada 

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 12

When I’m playing music the screen stays on, which drains the battery. If I lock the screen the screen turns back on when the song changes

5 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

There is a option in the settings for Spotify to keep screen lock .That should solve the problem and you should get the spotify menu on your iphone lock screen ... Just like apple music works on the lock screen now spotify will work also .....

Where is this option? I don’t see it

Auto-Lock in iOS 11 (and in all previous iOS versions) automatically locks the screen and puts the device to sleep if it doesn’t detect any human interaction for a certain period of time. This not only saves a significant amount of battery.. Therefore, the minimum time you set to auto-lock your iOS device, the better. Here’s how you can change the auto-lock time in your iOS 11 device:

TTknxpl.png

Oh I mean the screen is locked but the screen turns on. My lock is set to 30 seconds

Suggested posts