Free

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

Every time I’m trying to find a new song for my playlist and I push play on a song, I get kicked out of the app. Normal shuffling and playing songs that are available work. I have already tried restarting my phone, deleting the app, and logging out. I’m not sure what to do to fix this anymore.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Great question! This may be a problem with your phone overworked, so I would recommend checking storage and deleting any apps or photos you don’t need. Clearing up space, and restarting your phone again may help. If that does not work then contact the Spotify costumer service to work on this issue. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @Broccol1,

Thanks for posting here and welcome to the Community 🙂

It's a good idea to give the steps @user-removed a go.

In case the issue persists, we'd suggest you also try these steps and run a clean reinstall. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Marked as solution

Great question! This may be a problem with your phone overworked, so I would recommend checking storage and deleting any apps or photos you don’t need. Clearing up space, and restarting your phone again may help. If that does not work then contact the Spotify costumer service to work on this issue. Hope this helps!

Marked as solution

Hey @Broccol1,

Thanks for posting here and welcome to the Community 🙂

It's a good idea to give the steps @user-removed a go.

In case the issue persists, we'd suggest you also try these steps and run a clean reinstall. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator

I did everything that you and @Rose36 said and it did work but it eventually went back to how it was. It might just be something wrong with my phone

Hi @Broccol1,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're glad to know that it was sorted out.

If you need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Mine is also doing this 

Hey there @Russy1

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, is this happening across devices or only on a specific one? 

If this only happens on a specific device, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you give us as much info as you can of the issue you're experiencing? We'll be happy to help.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Across all devices every time I go to search a song when I click on it it instantly kicks me out the app I’ve tried to make new accounts but it still does it

Hey @Russy1,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you share more info on your specific device setup like brand, model and operating system of the devices involved? We also need the Spotify app version you're using on those devices. Does the issue occur with the web player as well?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I’m not sure if it does on web but iPhone 

It fixed I think I just did an update to Spotify 

Hi, I was wondering how to login back into my Spotify account it randomly kicked me out and whenever I try to reset my password, it says the link is expired or it doesn’t wanna work or the combination of the password and the username is wrong

Hi this has happened to me. I have tried all the steps above, spent ages looking for an answer on net nothing has worked. Everything is was fine until yesterday when it seems to have done an auto update. I have ample storage, am on iPhone. 

I am a paid up customer have been for years. Really disappointing I have tried every way suggested. Ok so my phone is old SE 2020, but scratching my head here. The time I’ve spent on this and the fact I have just been charged for the month too I’m thinking of quitting don’t know what more to do 

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out! 🙂

By the looks of what you've shared with us, you've already tried the clean reinstall steps mentioned by @Ver. Sorry to see it hasn't helped.
This makes me think that the issue is either account- or device-related. 

The easiest way to verify this is by logging in with a different account on your device (either someone else's account or a new free account for testing purposes).
In case you experience the same issues with the new account, there might be a setting on your phone that's preventing the app from working properly.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply and do our best to get to the bottom of this.
Cheers!

VasilModerator

Suggested posts