Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify link doesn't show album cover?

Spotify link doesn't show album cover?

When i'm sending a song to a friend, I've noticed recently that the album art doesn't show up when i send it. When i share a song from the desktop application the album art shows but from my phone nothing shows up. For clarification, I'm on iOS 16.5 (beta) so I'm not sure if my current firmware is the cause for this issue. Any solutions would be great!
6 Replies

Here is an screenshot for better understanding

IMG_0717.jpg

This is happening to me too! I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling but that solved nothing. I’d love to know what th

Hi there @caborisade, @itsmetommyve ,

Thanks for reaching out. When you copy a link, what is the format? Is it open.spotify.com.... or spotify.link...? From the screenshot it seems that the former format works, but the latter doesn't, is this the case? Does this occur when sharing to and from other devices besides iOS? If you haven't tested that, please do so.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

When I copy a link from my phone it's "spotify.link". From my computer it
shows up as "open.spotify.com". I don't carry my computer everywhere I go
so i'm more reliant on my phone.

I primarily use my iPhone… I don’t have any other Mac devices I use Spotify with. The link appears with open.Spotify so idk why it shows up like this 

Hey folks,

Thanks for the info shared.

We'll need to gather some additional info, aside from what you kindly mentioned above :slightly_smiling_face: So, would you mind checking if this is happening in more than one app, e.g., Telegram, WhatsApp, etc.? Can you share with us the name of the app in which this is happening? Did you notice if this was happening no matter what app you used to share the link? 

On another note, would you mind checking if this is happening on a different mobile device aside from your iPhones? It'd be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account and check.

Lastly, some users noticed this same inconvenience, so they posted some workarounds here. We'd recommend having a look at it and trying some of the solutions you can find there (the ones posted by @kalepetals and @lowpolybrain).

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts