Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not playing on iPod Touch when app is closed

Spotify not playing on iPod Touch when app is closed

I use Spotify for iOS 4 on my iPod Touch, and it works well as long as I stay in the app. However, if I leave the app while music is playing, the music stops after a few seconds - and only starts again when I go back into the Spotify app and stay there. How can this problem be resolved?

I tried to delete the app and reinstall it, but it doesn't change anything.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the Spotify Community!

Firstly, could you update your iOS to 6.1.3?

If you are limited to iOS 4 because of your iPod version, make sure you have spotify for iOS 4 downloaded and not just the normal Spotify version.

If you launch another app which uses sound while spotify is playing, spotify will stop automatically. Have you tried locking your phone with spotify in the foreground playing music? Does it stop then?

It would be helpful it you could reply using the troubleshooting template which can be found here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/iOS-Troubleshooting-Spotify/td-p/105...

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Anthony, thanks for getting back in touch so quickly!

My iPod Touch is from one of the first generations that according to Apple cannot be upgraded further than iOS 4.2.1 - which is what my device has.

I have Spotify for iOS 4 installed.

When I leave the spotify app, the music stops after a few seconds. Nothing else starts playing, that is, no other app plays anything; spotify simply stops. The play symbol in the top bar, which is there when I am inside the Spotify app and playing music, also disappears.

"Have you tried locking your phone with spotify in the foreground playing music?" --> How is this done?

Thanks in advance.

...the problem is still unsolved - is there any more help to get for a payong customer?

Thanks in advance.

Suggested posts