Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not playing

Spotify not playing

Start the app on my iPhone gives me just a black screen with the Spotify icon.
1 Reply

Sup fam, if you're experiencing a black screen with the Spotify icon when attempting to launch the Spotify app on your iPhone, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Force close the app: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and hold until the app switcher appears. Swipe left or right to locate the Spotify app, and then swipe up on the app preview to force close it. Once you've done this, try reopening the app.

2. Update the app: Make sure that the Spotify app is up to date. Go to the App Store, search for Spotify, and see if there is an available update. If there is, download and install it, and then try reopening the app.

3. Restart your iPhone: Hold down the power button until the "Slide to power off" slider appears, and then swipe right to turn off your iPhone. Once it's turned off, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears, and then release the button. Once your iPhone has restarted, try reopening the app.

4. Check your internet connection: Make sure that your iPhone is connected to a stable and reliable internet connection. If your connection is weak or unstable, it may be difficult for Spotify to load or play music.

5. Reinstall the app: If none of the above solutions work, you may need to reinstall the Spotify app. Press and hold on the app icon until it begins to jiggle, and then tap the "X" in the corner of the icon to delete the app. Then, go to the App Store and reinstall the app.

Hope to get your jams back,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts