Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not showing devices, iPhone 6 (and PS4) not updating playlists

Spotify not showing devices, iPhone 6 (and PS4) not updating playlists

Hey guys, I've had this issue for a while now - I'm using my Macbook Pro and iPhone 6 (with Spotify Premium). When I add songs to my desktop playlist, the phone no longer auto updates (as it used to) and so my mobile version has playlists that are missing 40+ songs that my desktop has. I also connected my PS4 to my account yet the playlists are in the same state as on my iPhone. Spotify 'connect' works smoothly on all 3 so they are connecting fine - the issue seems to be that my desktop version will not show my iPhone as a device. After searching and trying many 'fixes' from this forum and elsewhere, the issue still remains (many 'solutions' seem to be years old) so any fix would be greatly appreciated as at the moment I feel that I'm wasting my money on premium when features it promises aren't working for me.

tl;dr - iPhone and PS4 arent updating align with desktop version, desktop version not showing any device list

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:
You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your device. Just make sure that the local files are in a playlist of their own so that this will work.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Just had this problem myself.  Maddening.  Such a great interface that has been slowly chisled away into a hard to use, confusing piece of junk.  Revert to how it was in October of last year and the world will be right again.  

Suggested posts