Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on iPad

Spotify on iPad

If I can use Spotify on my desktop why can't I use it on my iPad? This is so disappointing and annoying.
5 Replies

Hi! Welcome to the community! What makes it impossible to use Spotify on your iPad? You will need to provide us with a little bit more information about your issue if you need help. Also, you should upgrade to "Premium" if you want to use Spotify on all your mobile devices.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Since the iPad is classed as a mobile device, just like all other phones and tablets, a premium subscription is currently required in order to access your playlists on that device. 

If you are a US Spotify user, you can have access to mobile radio on the Spotify app for free, but for everyone else (outside of the US) you need Premium I am afraid to use any feature of the Spotify mobile app.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

There lies the frustration - I don't need a Premium subscription on my desktop so why sholuld I need one on my iPad? Inconsistency and disappointment from Spotify with little in the way of an explanation.

Hey again 🙂 

Unfortunately, there is not much else I can suggest that is just the way it has always been on Spotify. 

There are several ideas topics which you might be interested in reading and adding your supported too, the main ones are here and here.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for the links, Hammeh. I have posted my thoughts in both of those forums. I am not too sure about whether that will bring about any changes unfortunately but anything is worth a try.

Cheers.

Suggested posts