Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on multiple devices

Solved!

Spotify on multiple devices

If i bought the spotify premium package, would i be able to use it on more than one device, for instance my i phone and my dad's iphone? Xx

130 Replies

Is your account showing as Premium when you log in online?
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello,

You have to register the other devices ,goto Spotify desktop, into help, your account, profile, set password for your devices

Hi -

I have the Spotify Premium package.  I recently got a new iphone and all my offline playlists are now synced to that.   I'd like to use my old phone when I jog and used to have all my music synced there. However now it will not allow me to play any music off line.

I only have the new iphone and the computer, so this is two devices.  Is there any way to get my songs offline on my old phone as my third device?

Thank you!

Hi there! You will want to actually download the lists again as the offline playlists are specific to each device. You still have access, but have to save them for offline use on each device. 

Hope that helps!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

It is also worth making sure the correct devices are shown on your overview page:
https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/

Peter

Does anyone know how/if Spotify can be synced across devices (ie. Played on an IMac, then paused on my phone like a remote control...) then resumed on a laptop/ipad - think this would be such a cool & useful feature!

To be honest, I don't see why it's not already a thing... Considering Spotify is an online entity... If i'm logged into Spotify on my iMac and also my Sony Xperia Z1 why can't I just see a 'now playing' on my device and then pause/control it from there?! 

That is what Spotify Connect was invented for, but unfortunately it hasn't yet been added to the desktop Spotify (only between mobile devices and Connect enabled speakers currently):
https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Spotify-Connect

Peter

Hi,

I have just re-activated my spotify account after changing credit card details and I can use it on my Mac computer fine however when I go to Login on my samsung android it says that it appears as if I am logging in from another country?

I have both devices with me, the only thing I can think that might be affecting this is that I work on a boat so sometimes our internet connection goes through different servers. Is there some setting that I can get this changed so i can use my premium subscription on my phone and computer?

Thanks

Hi. I just want to clarify something regarding the premium account. So what you are trying to say is that if I have a spotify premium account, I can share my downloaded playlists across 3 devices with up to 3333 songs. So if I get premium on my iPad and I also have it on my phone,with the same account, I can download the playlists I want on both devices? Please reply immediately. I will be going out of the country and I want to download my music. Thanks.

@Aids 

Premium allows you to download 3,333 tracks per device (on up to 3 devices)

So yes, you can download the playlists on both devices using the same account as long as your device has enough storage space for the downloads.

Check out the help guide:

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Listen-offline

1. With an active Internet connection, select a playlist.
    Note: By default you will need to connect over Wi-Fi. If you'd like to sync tracks over 3G/4G, turn on 'Sync over Cellular' in Settings > Music Quality.
  2. Tap Available Offline to ON at the top of the playlist.
    User-added image
  3. A green arrow will appear next to the playlist when it’s finished.
    User-added image
  4. Turn on Offline Mode in Settings > Playback and tapping the switch at the top.
    User-added image

You can also sync albums saved in Your Music the same way.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,
I have a new phone but cant access my premium account through it. I know I had it on my Ipad and old phone could you check if I had it on any other devices because im not sure why I cant access it.

Thanks Dave

@davewilko92

Check out this guide for help logging in:

https://support.spotify.com/problems/#!/article/Problems-logging-in-to-Spotify

If you created your account through Facebook:

1. Open the Spotify app and tap LOG IN.
  2. Tap Log in with Facebook
    User-added image
  3. If you are logged into the Facebook app or website, you will be logged into Spotify automatically. If not, just enter your Facebook details and press Login

If you created your account through Spotify:

1. Open Spotify.
  2. Tap LOG IN.
  3. Enter your Spotify Username and Password.
    Android log in
  4. Click LOG IN.
Forgotten your Spotify password or username? Reset it here.

Still having problems logging in? Contact Spotify Support.
MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi! I have an iPhone, an Android, and a MacBook Pro. They all share the same Spotify account. Simple question: If I buy Premium on my Android device, does it mean I automatically have a Premium account on my iPhone and MacBook? Thanks. 🙂

Marked as solution

@CDee03 wrote:

Hi! I have an iPhone, an Android, and a MacBook Pro. They all share the same Spotify account. Simple question: If I buy Premium on my Android device, does it mean I automatically have a Premium account on my iPhone and MacBook? Thanks. 🙂

Hey there and welcome to the community!
Yes, on any device that you log in with your Premium account you will have the Premium advantages.

There's just a device limit of 5 devices for offline songs. Means that when you have made songs available on 5 devices and try to make songs available offline on a 6th device, one of the other devices will unsync the offline songs on that device.

Awesome! Thank you. 🙂

When I log in from diiferent devices (same username etc.) it doesn't store my playlists or songs etc. Why is this? Please HELP... 

Hi, i am not a premium member, but i can use my account on more than one deive. My friend logged in using my account on his laptop but he is still using my account. His divice comes up on my laptop, how do i remove him if he refuses to log out? I have changed my password, but he wont long out. How do i stop him using my account????? Please help, thank you. 

Hello, so my account is currently only logged in to two devices, my phone and my computer, however my music is not showing up on my phone? any answers to this 

please and thank you 

Suggested posts