Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify randomly starts in background when the app is closed

Spotify randomly starts in background when the app is closed

Hello everybody,

when I updated my iPhone 11 to iOS 15 I started noticing that Spotify randomly opens in background when the app is no longer running (thus can't be seen in the multitasking menu); if it happens that I have Spotify running on my Mac (for instance) the volume on my iPhone suddenly jumps to 100% as you can see in the screenshot below.

I also noticed that if I have some tracks in the Apple Music app (synced with iTunes), the Control Center player thing sometimes shows a random song from the Music app as currently playing (but in pause status).

Is this a known bug? Is there any way I can solve this without losing Spotify Connect control through the OS media controls? (e.g. stopping a song from the lock screen)

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

iPhone 13, iPhone 11, MacBook Pro

Operating System

iOS 15 and macOS 10.14

IMG_0030.PNG
1 Reply

Hi there @turbobuddy,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

As a first step, we suggest logging out everywhere with the steps here, restarting your devices, and logging back in. If the app keeps opening itself in the background, try running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

Regarding the volume control behavior, we understand this may not be ideal, but at the moment this feature cannot be completely deactivated. As a workaround, you can disable the Spotify Connect functionality by manually putting the Spotify app in Offline Mode from within the app Settings when not in use.

There is also this idea to allow the service to be turned on/off at will from within the app. Despite its current status, you can still add your vote to it and if there are any developments or changes on this matter, we'll share them over there.

Regarding the behavior with the song from the Apple Music app in your phone, we suggest reaching out to Apple support for further info/assistance about it.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts