Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify search, browse and radio on Android do not work on WiFi.

Spotify search, browse and radio on Android do not work on WiFi.

Premium Account

Country US

Device Lg Stylo G phone

Operating System Android

My Question or Issue

My Spotify phone app doesn't seem to work anymore on Wi-Fi except at home. My playlists seem to work and homepage. Browse, search and radio keep giving me error messages and when I try to cast Spotify to Chromecast a error message appears as well. I have done a cleared the cache, data and uninstalled/reinstalled the app and still nothing. Is it a glitch on the newest update?

3 Replies

Hey @Rigsterr, thanks for posting here!

That's not cool! Let's get to the bottom of this. Could you fire over your Spotify, device and operating system versions? Also, are you connected to a network with restrictions, a proxy or a VPN? I'd love to take a closer look.

Thanks, have a lovely day!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks Huib for your response.

The Spotify app version on my Android is version 8.4.57.803 armV7

As far the network restrictions/firewall I'm sure there are some, but I was told it doesnt restrict Spotify or other music apps. I work in a public library and the Spotify app works flawlessly on my work computer. My android phone app used to work flawlessly as well until the most recent update. That's when the "offline" and error messages began to appear. It also wouldn't connect to Chromecast as well at work, even though all other apps like Netflix, and YouTube did. By the way, on my home network Spotify works great.

Hey @Rigsterr, sorry for the delay here!

Alright, let's try to reinstall the Spotify app. That should help here. Here's how: Reinstall Spotify. Could you let me know how you get on?

Thanks, have a lovely day!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts