Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Iphone 6S - constantly pausing and replays while i'm walking.

When I am walking, listening on my headphones, spotify constantly pauses and replays. The app is up to date and I am running IOS 11.3.1. This issue happened on two Iphone 6S, I thought my first phone was the issue because the screen was cracked. Sinc...

•  When I am walking, listening on my headphones, spotify constantly pauses and replays.  The app is up to date and I am running IOS 11.3.1.  This issue happened on two Iphone 6S, I thou...
  • zayevans
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to view all downloaded songs

Hello.Where can I see all of my downloaded songs? I know i have thousands of them, but I wanted to see where all of them are. I don´t want to save each one of them to a playlist as that would take forever. Thanks

• Hello. Where can I see all of my downloaded songs? I know i have thousands of them, but I wanted to see where all of them are. I don´t want to save each one of them to a playlist as that would take ...
  • zayevans
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lock screen song time

The bar that shows how much of the song has already played stays at 0:00 and never moves. Nor does the dot. In the screen cap, this song has already been playing for about a minute. I tried deleting and reinstalling but that didn’t do anything.

• Casual Listener
  • The bar that shows how much of the song has already played stays at 0:00 and never moves. Nor does the dot. In the screen cap, this song has already been playing for about a minute. I tried deleting ...
  • Buradori1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How do i view my playlist folders on iOS?

Hi, I am wanting to have all of my playlists in one folder in order to allow me to shuffle all of my music at once. (I share my account with family members so its only the select playlists) I have created a playlist folder on Mac and when I press shu...

• Hi, I am wanting to have all of my playlists in one folder in order to allow me to shuffle all of my music at once. (I share my account with family members so its only the select playlists) I have cr...
  • Isaac151
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Search Function Not Working

Every time I attempt to search for something, I'm met with 'Error: Please Try Again'. I have tried reinstalling the app, logging out and back in, and restarting my iPad. I also don't believe it's a space problem because I have 3.6GB left. Can someone...

• Regular
  • Every time I attempt to search for something, I'm met with 'Error: Please Try Again'. I have tried reinstalling the app, logging out and back in, and restarting my iPad. I also don't believe it's a s...
  • wileywoman
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 6 likes

Still No Podcast on iPad

I am surprised that you still cannot play podcasts from the Spotify app on an iPad. I know some people will say open it on an iPhone and play it on your iPad, but that only works if you have an iPhone. Not to mention that if I can play podcasts in Sp...

• I am surprised that you still cannot play podcasts from the Spotify app on an iPad. I know some people will say open it on an iPhone and play it on your iPad, but that only works if you have an iPhon...
  • iamkeebler
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts arn't being updated on Spotify with the same frequency as Apple

I'm a new user and want to use Spotify for all my listening but can't with this issue. Two of my regular podcasts - "The Daily" and "Up Next" aren't being updated the day that new episodes are being release. I can go to Apple podcasts and see that th...

• I'm a new user and want to use Spotify for all my listening but can't with this issue.  Two of my regular podcasts - "The Daily" and "Up Next" aren't being updated the day that new episodes are ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Hello, My Spotify will not let me search/download new songs. I am a premium member.

Hello, My Spotify will not let me search/download new songs. I am a premium member. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now. When I go to search for a new song it says “An error occurred” and “Try again”. It only seems to work when I’m using mob...

• Hello, My Spotify will not let me search/download new songs. I am a premium member. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now. When I go to search for a new song it says “An error occurred” and “T...
  • mradamoff
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs are skipping/sound out of synch

Hi, I've been dealing with an issue on when playing back songs on my iPhone on both wired and wireless headphones. On most of my songs, saved or streamed, they'll start out sounding okay, but will decay into an out of synch/corrupted sound similar to...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I've been dealing with an issue on when playing back songs on my iPhone on both wired and wireless headphones. On most of my songs, saved or streamed, they'll start out sounding okay, but will de...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • audio
    iOS
    out-of-synch
    skipping
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to see time course the whole time?

I want to see the whole time the time course of a music number when playing.Does anyone know?Thankyou very much,Wouter

• I want to see the whole time the time course of a music number when playing. Does anyone know? Thankyou very much, Wouter
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My local files won't appear in the playlist

After adding my local files to PC I created a playlist to move them to my phone named Local. When I open Local on my iphone, it shows it as an empty playlist. I've tried downloading it anyways, as well as checking firewall. All tracks are also mp3. A...

• After adding my local files to PC I created a playlist to move them to my phone named Local. When I open Local on my iphone, it shows it as an empty playlist.  I've tried downloading it anyways...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Search: Textbox and Backbutton disappear after filtering

Hi There, im using spotify for IOS (V. 8.4.51.696) and discovered the following bug:After albums are filtered and selected, the search and back button disappears. The only way to get a working search is to restart the app.I also completely uninstalle...

• Regular
  • Hi There,   im using spotify for IOS (V. 8.4.51.696) and discovered the following bug: After albums are filtered and selected, the search and back button disappears.   The only way to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app on iphone 7 keeps glitching

Every time I plug my headphones into my iphone to listen to spotify, my music will start, stop, skip forward to a different song, then skip backwards and do this multiple times. This is something I have experienced relatively recently. Has anyone els...

• Every time I plug my headphones into my iphone to listen to spotify, my music will start, stop, skip forward to a different song, then skip backwards and do this multiple times. This is somethin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find radio icon on my spotify

I can't find my radion icon on my iphone6s while i can on my laptop. it there any solution ?

• Casual Listener
  • I can't find my radion icon on my iphone6s while i can on my laptop. it there any solution ?  
  • fallzero1
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files not working on iPhone.

I’m not sure if I post this here or what. So I’m just gonna post it here. I use local files to get music that isn’t available on Spotify. But recently the local files songs haven’t been downloading. I’ve done the process befor so I don’t know what’s ...

• I’m not sure if I post this here or what. So I’m just gonna post it here. I use local files to get music that isn’t  available on Spotify. But recently the local files songs haven’t been downloa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local Files Not Syncing to my iPhone

Hey, So I've been trying to download some tracks from a few games I play off of youtube. I've been using a youtube-to-mp3 converter to download these tracks to my windows computer, and the download is fine. I've done all the settings properly so that...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,   So I've been trying to download some tracks from a few games I play off of youtube. I've been using a youtube-to-mp3 converter to download these tracks to my windows computer, and the d...
  • connormcintyre
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

not being able to play a song

there is a song that shows up on my muisc and its gray and wont let me play it even and i have premium anyone know why this happend

• there is a song that shows up on my muisc and its gray and wont let me play it even and i have premium anyone know why this happend 
  • iemackinnon
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on iphone 8 with adapter in car

ProblemSpotify will not play consistently in my car. When a song finishes, the next song will become garbled. If I manipulate the wires, pause and start the song, etc. it will start playing correctly again. Sometimes mid-song when hitting a bump in t...

• Casual Listener
  • Problem Spotify will not play consistently in my car.  When a song finishes, the next song will become garbled.  If I manipulate the wires, pause and start the song, etc. it will start pla...
  • j5d7
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloads

HiI have around 50 albums downloded to my Apple iPhone. IWhen I try to download an album now I see a message 'You have exceeded your download limit' This is no good to me as I travel and often need access to music where there is no wifi or mobile cov...

• Hi I have around 50 albums downloded to my Apple iPhone. IWhen I try to download an album now I see a message 'You have exceeded your download limit' This is no good to me as I travel and often need...
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Add song to playlist breaks on IOS when Waze is running/connected

When trying to add a song to a playlist while Waze is running/connected, the modal to confirm the addition doesn't appear & the song isn't added. Instead, the active state for the playlist I clicked is visible (see screenshot attached), but no confir...

• When trying to add a song to a playlist while Waze is running/connected, the modal to confirm the addition doesn't appear & the song isn't added. Instead, the active state for the playl...
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes