Free

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

(iOS 13.6)

My Question or Issue

Hi, my Spotify keeps shutting off my music when I’m in different apps. For example, I’ll play music and go into a different app and Spotify will randomly stop the music, so I’ll go back into the app and have to press play. The song always restarts to the beginning no matter how much I’ve listened to. I’ve tried restarting the app and my phone but the problem still happens. Sometimes it will be fine for days but other times it will happen every time I play music and I can’t get through a song without skipping it because it keeps restarting. Please help!

7 Replies

Hey there @Veronique3

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

What you can do in this case is start off by running a clean reinstall on your iPhone to make sure you refresh your current Spotify app version. Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. Once you’ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts. 

If you see no change after the clean reinstall, try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. Alternatively, you can try authorizing Spotify to run without restrictions despite the mentioned settings being enabled. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Keep us posted! We'll be here if you have any questions. 

Yes it shuts off when I'm in another app and play one song and shuts off

Hey @BrianKerley,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community?

Could you let us know if you tried the steps that @Ivan posted above? If you've tried any additional troubleshooting, please share it as well - that way we can avoid suggesting something you might have already tried. Make sure to include also the make, model, OS version and Spotify version on the device this is happening on.

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This just started happening to me today. I restarted my phone (iPhone 11), updated it to iOS 15, deleted and redownloaded the Spotify app, turned off battery saver, and it’s still happening every time I try to listen to music. Podcasts weren't affected. 

Just happened to me today too! Same issue, with an IPhone 11! Tried the clean reinstall and nothing helped!

I started having the same issue as the original post on my iPhone today. I had tried turning my phone off and back on, and I also reset my AirPods thinking they were the problem. Neither worked. However, I followed the instructions that @Ivan posted and now everything is working great!

Hi folks.

Thank you for posting on this thread!

Yesterday we had some general difficulties with the iOS app, however, they've been sorted out and the app should return to normal after running a clean reinstall of the app.

If the issue continues, please share with us the make, model and OS version of your phones. As well as the Spotify version you're running, this will help us investigate further.

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts