Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

iPhone 8 

Operating System

iOS 12.2 

My Question or Issue

This has just started today but whenever I go off the app the music just automatically stops playing or whenever I turn my phone off it does the same thing, I have tried to press play and whenever I do that it shows that it’s playing but no sound is coming out but when I go back into the app the song has gone back to the beginning. I don’t know what this could be it seems to happen with headphones and without but was working fine last night. I have tried the tricks that I have seen such as flicking all the apps up but that doesn’t seem to work either. Could anyone tell me what is wrong or how to fix this thank you, it’s very annoying because it means I have to stay on my phone to listen to music therefore waisting much more battery than I should have to. Thank you once again any help would be appreciated! 

12 Replies

Hey @Jessicamorris.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - could you try a quick clean reinstall by following the steps in this support article?

If that doesn't work for you, could you let us know the exact Spotify version you're running on your phone? We'll look into it further.

Thanks - looking forward to hearing back from you 😉

The exact same thing has been happening to me, and I have tried everything!

Hey there @mikaelafisch,

Welcome to the Community!

Did you try performing a clean reinstall of the app like @Peter has suggested? Let us know if that helped.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes I have tried that a couple times, but it doesn’t seem to help!

Thanks for confirming this to us @mikaelafisch!

As a next step we can recommend that you check the phone's battery settings and make sure that Spotify is set as an exception if you're using the battery optimization option.

It's also a good idea to check that Spotify has the permissions to run in the background.

If that's not causing the issue, could you let us your Spotify version and, if possible, if you experience this on other mobile devices?

We'll be on the lookout for your answer and we'll see what we can suggest next. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you in the meantime.

ElenaModerator

How can I check that Spotify has the permissions to run in the background? Thank you!

Hi @mikaelafisch,

Thanks for your reply.

Go to:

1. Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.

2. Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.

3. Last step - restart the phone.

Let us know how it goes!

AlexModerator

I have tried all of this and nothing has worked! 

Hi again @mikaelafisch,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you tell us the exact make, model and OS version of your device, as well as the version of your Spotify app? Also let us know if any other music playing apps behave the same way when you turn off the screen.

Thanks.

AlexModerator

Hello! I own an Iphone Xs max, and am running the ios 14.2 version. The spotify version I currently have it 8.5.86.739!

Hey there @mikaelafisch,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you ensure that the device has enough storage space?

Also - can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persits?

It would also be great if you can try with another internet connection.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I had the same issue, and performed a fresh reinstall and it seemed to work! Thank you. I was really annoyed by this issue.

Suggested posts