Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing song approx 30 secs after starting! Please HELP!

Spotify stops playing song approx 30 secs after starting! Please HELP!

Hi, folks.

I have a Spotify Premium acct and I primarily use an iPod (iOS 14.3).  I'm not always connected to the Internet when I use Spotify/my iPod.

Generally, the problem I have is when I listen to music through my bluetooth headphones.  If I start an album on Spotify and then put my iPod in "Standby" mode, my song will play thru my headphones for approx 30-40 seconds and then will abruptly stop.  When I press my iPod's home button, there's nothing to indicate that Spotify was ever open (i.e. I can't simply press "Play" on the existing track from my home screen).  I have to enter my code, reopen Spotify, and then restart the track.  When I do this, the song plays correctly as well as the rest of the album/playlist.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I'm a bit frustrated in that I just purchased the iPod.. a bit bummed that I'm having issues already.  Hopefully it's an easy fix.

Thanks!

3 Replies

Hey @Adettman,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

Just to double check- does the issue occur only when you connect your headphones to the iPod?

It's a good idea to give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing any issues.

If the issue persists, we'd suggest you also try re-pairing the devices with these steps. Are there any changes?

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I believe it only happens when I'm using my bluetooth headphones.  However, I occasionally plug my iPod into my stereo receiver using an aux cord and now, for the life of me, I can't remember if I experience the same issues then.

I'll check out the info you sent along and get back to you.  Thanks for your time!

Hey @Adettman,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

In case it only happens when you use your headphones, it's also a good idea to try pairing them with another device. That way we can see if it's a device-related issue. 

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts