Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Iphone Xr

Operating System

Ios 14

My Question or Issue

If I start Playback in Spotify and switch to Facebook App it randomly stops playback while scroling trough timeline. Autoplayback for videos in App is switched off. It even stops at pictures or a long story. So there is no obvious reason. Sometimes it dont stops for hours. Sometime it stops alltime long.

Top Answer
tomy73

I had the same problem and solved it by following the instructions given here https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile-tips.com/fix-spotify-stops-facebook-app-iphone/amp/

(turning off the Facebook camera access)

15 Replies

Hey there @ChilliDog

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If the clean reinstall didn't do the trick, there's also a few other things we can try. Could you make sure that Spotify has all necessary permissions enabled?

1. Open your Settings menu.

2. Scroll to the bottom to find Spotify and open the app settings.

3. Enable everything you see.

It's also a good idea to exclude the app from any Battery optimization software that might be active on your smartphone.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This keeps happening, iPad Air 4, applied all available solutions published, so annoying how FB is cancelling Spotify! 

Hi @mauarduz,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

We tried this from our end with an iPhone and it works as it should.

Can you try the following:

• Soft reset of the device.
  • Ensure the operating system is up-to-date.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you provide us a screen recording so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I had the same problem and solved it by following the instructions given here https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile-tips.com/fix-spotify-stops-facebook-app-iphone/amp/

(turning off the Facebook camera access)

Worked for me! Thanks

Hey @Batguti,

Many thanks for sharing this with the Community!

Glad it worked out for you 🙂

If any further issues or questions happen to arise, do let us know.
We're always happy to help.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

In the Facebook app settings (upper left corner of the app itself) disable star stories with audio

I had the same problem but just fixed it by turning off “In-app sound” in my settings>Media menu on Facebook.

Brilliant easy fix - can confirm it works in iOS 

This worked right away and was the only thing I changed. Thank You! 🎼🎶🎵

Has this fix stopped for anyone else ? Looks like Facebook or Spotify updated and we are back to the start!

Hi there @Knick007,

Thanks for the post.

Can you try turning off “In-app sound” in your Facebook Settings>Media menu again? Or does that not work at all any more.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Perfect that worked cheers!

I can’t seem to mark as a answer on my phone.

Just close (refresh) your FB app. This will force-close any MV on. Some music/video might have been playing before you used spotify. Spotify must play 1st before using FB for spotify to continue to run.

1. This isn’t going to help you. On your phone the default setting gives facebooks app priority over your phones audio output. Meaning you phone will assume you want to play video in Facebook not listen to music. There’s a setting you can change to fix this just do a quick google search. This mod post isn’t going to be helpful whatsoever as the issue is with your phones priority settings. Not the spotify app 

Suggested posts