Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify suspending while on charge and not reopening, loses song and playlist location.

Spotify suspending while on charge and not reopening, loses song and playlist location.

I'm running Spotify on iOS 12 and overnight while charging the phone, Spotify appears to suspend/close and resets everything, such as which song in my playlist it was on, where in the song it was, and whether I had chosen random/repeat etc. I also have to open it daily before I get in the car otherwise it won't begin playing music.

4 Replies

Welcome to the Spotify Community, @Lysdexia! Here are some things I would ask you: while charging, was your device connected to the wi-fi? And also, why do you run it overnight? Many people have told me not to do that due to crashing.

I hope you reply and have a Merry Christmas!

Spotify isn't running foreground, it's backgrounded. But overnight it appears to either close altogether or suspend requiring it to open fresh, thus losing it's playlist/song positioning etc.

Hey @Lysdexia! Have you ever tried deleting the app and redownloading it or logging in and out again? And also, does this happen when you use other devices logged into your account?

Sorry, tried this and didn't work.

Suggested posts