Premium

Country

Germany

Device

iPhone 6

Operating System

iOS 12.1

My Question or Issue

Since a couple of updates ago, the haptics have changed in a very bad way, I‘ll try to describe it:

1. When swiping up/down to scroll, and letting it scroll on it‘s own, and then tapping once to stop the scrolling, Spotify plays the song that I tapped on while scrolling. This is not the case in any other app I have ever used or currently use. It makes no sense because while it‘s scrolling, I can‘t even tell which song I‘m going to tap on to stop the scrolling. Extremely annoying, this way I unvoluntarely change songs all the time.

2. Even worse, when scrolling just a littel bit (5mm or so on my screen) with the finger on a song, the song also starts playing as if I had tapped on it, even though the app correctly recognized that I was trying to scroll. So the app scrolls up/down the 5mm that I wanted it to scroll while ALSO registering my gesture as a tap. How does that make any sense? Why would I want to scroll AND tap on a song with a single touching motion?

Both issues together just make up for a horrible user friendliness, because I CONSTANTLY switch songs unvoluntarely.

Please fix this as soon as possible.

EDIT: Just realized this is only an issue when viewing an artists profile. Attached a video showing both issues. Especially the second issue should be good to see.

1 Reply

Hi there!

It's just the way the UX was built. If you don't like this behaviour I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Suggested posts