Premium

Country

the netherlands

Device

(iPhone 6

Operating System

(iOS

My Question or Issue

Spotify uses (a lot of) data when connected to wifi. This is a very old problem and still not fixed. I often exceed my data plan because of this issue. sure, it helps to switch the settings on my phone and in the app to 'offline' and 'no cellular use', but sometimes, I do want to use data with the app (when there's no wifi). I just don't want to have the app use data when I am connected to wifi!

Why is this still not fixed! This month is not even halfway through yet and I have no data left!

8 Replies

Hey @lukasr1 

You could turn down the quality of the streaming down, if you have it set to very high, or you could try uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify. I have heard that some people have tried reinstalling it and it did lower the amount of data usage.

Keep me posted!

Keanu_C

Thanks, but I am not looking to lower the usage. Quality should be perfect, and free of course, whenever on wifi that is

Hey @lukasr1,

Hope you are doing great!

You can disable the Mobile Data for Spotify going into Settings of the phone in Mobile Data and toggle switch for Spotify.

Also, make sure Download over Mobile data is disabled inside Spotify settings in the Music Quality section.

Hope it helps 🙂

Hi and thanks,

But none of these solutions are satisfactory, as i do want to use data to stream music, just not when connected to wifi!!! And i don’t want to switch on/off two settings multiple times per day!

Hey @lukasr1,

Sorry for the inconvenience!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. Also, if any iOS updates are available please go ahead and install them 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hi and thanks for trying to help.
Yes those were the first things i tried. Tried it again, doesnt work.
Spotify: 8.4.53.689
iOS: 11.4.1
Thanks again

Hey @lukasr1,

That's my pleaseure 🙂

Hope you aren't using a cracked version of Spotify because the latest official version of Spotify is 8.4.66

Please, remove the old version and install the latest update available from the App Store 🙂

Hope it helps!

No i am using a legal version. 8.4.53.689, which is a little older than yours. I’ll update right away but i cab assure you it will not be fixed

Suggested posts