Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify will not locate my device!

Spotify will not locate my device!

So... I've noticed this is an on going problem! It really shouldn't be.

I've been trying to sync local files from my desktop service to my Iphone 5. 

I've tried with the cable, without. 
I've tried logging in and out, on both devices.

I've tried restarting the devices.

Restarting Spotify, on both devices.

They are both connected to the same wifi.... I don't know my neighbours passwords so I wouldn't be connected anywhere else.

It's been well over an hour of restarting and resetting. I'm sick of this happening whenever I try to sync my own music. I will be leaving the service if this cannot be fixed.

This is an ongoing problem for at TWO YEARS now. It's not just been me that suffers with it.

Perhaps if Spotify stopped messing with design and fixed their buggy software, this wouldn't be happening.

4 Replies

hey i have iphone 5 and i never had this problem for the 2 time 1 it was solved when i restored my iphone 5 using itunes

I've noticed this has been a problem for a lot of users for so long, I've been in contact with Spotify themselves and have been told the same thing over and over and over again. It's still not working; I have premium. It's worked once. It's never worked on any of my friends' wifis either. 

It's ridiculus

Hi @l_tomlinson - have you tried temporarily didsabling your firewall, then syncing?  Mine kept getting blocked by Mcafeee no matter what permission levels I set for Spotify, but would work fine when I temporarily disabled Mcaffee. I've rececntly moved on to Norton 360 and I can now sync without issue 100% of the time. I obviouslt\y wouldn't reccomend you permenantly disable your fiewwall- just to do it as a way to see if it's firewall related.  And I've also read other posts saying that disabling the firewall had no effect.for them, but it may be worh a shot for you, if only to rule it out.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I've been using AVG since I got my laptop, but I can check. The last and only time it's ever worked for me, I had been using AVG then too. Regardless, I shall test to see if it works

Suggested posts