Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify will not sync my playlists ?

Solved!

Spotify will not sync my playlists ?

In the past week I have noticed that my playlists wont sync with my iPhone, only the local files. Can somebody please help me? I have a premium account.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So I created a playlist on my computer and it's not showing up on my phone. Why??

View solution in original post

24 Replies

argh! i'm having the same problem. 

someone please help! 

i've tried quitting the spotify app, uninstalling and resinstalling the program... still no fix 😞

running Spotify off a macbook pro and iphone; Premium Subscription

I am having the same issue, all day today.....

Same thing here with my premium account; just started happening today (version 0.5.1.74.gbdf7fe51, on IOS). It's far easier to create playlists on my desktop app and sync them to mobile, but now there's a disconnect between the two -- no "loading" messages, nothing. I've tried via wi-fi and via 3G, but to no avail.

I swear, two weeks out of a month, nothing is wrong with Spotify. The second half of the month I come running to the forums trying to figure out what the heck is wrong this time.

I have never had a problem with Spotify. I am just hoping its due to busy servers or something? But I highly doubt it. Will try again later when I get back from work. But still is there anybody that can help? Or I will be cancelling my premium account. Not gonna waste £9.99 a month!

Guys mine seems to be working now. How about yours? Maybe I was right and Spotify was just slow or something last night. But I would love to know if I was wrong and there was a reason why it was not syncing last night. Hope yours is all working fine now or you manage to sort it out!

It is working now. They must have fixed the problem. Yeah!!! They are usually pretty quick to respond. 🙂

I am a new user and also having this problem.  All my playlists have an orange circle with a minus sign on them and say "only local files synched."  I don't know what I'm supposed to do.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify on my computer and on my phone.  Like I said I'm a new user so maybe I am just missing a step or something -- any direction would be appreciated.

Try turning your iPhone all the way off and rebooting it. I have found that this often clears out issues I have with Spotify.....

I tried turning the iphone completely off -- still not working.  HELP!  Thanks.

same...it sucks. I am extremely disappointed in spotify, and I'll quit soon.

has anyone got any solution to this? it's becomming ridiculous, the whole point of premium is to listen offline, if I can't do that, then what's the point. help please Spotify!

This is getting rediculous... Spotify, please fix this problem!

Hey. I am not sure if this is the same problem or not but here it goes. I experienced sync issues when I nested playlists in my desktop application. Meaning, when I created a master folder, and then dragged different playlists to fall under this folder (meaning the master playlist(folder) would contain all of the music of the additional playlists without duplicates (if the same song was in multiple playlists). If you have recently done this it seems like the sync to your mobile (iPhone) will not sync and will crash the application while it is trying to do this sync. If you uninstall the iOS app and reinstall it will start the sync from scratch but should fix sync errors.

Someone help me out, my playlists won't sync so there available offline! Worked fine on my iPad. Have tried everything! Really fustrating me!

Same issue here, spotify online support please help or show your existence!

I think I figured it out.... 

I've been having the same issus as y'all..   I was troubleshooting with making temporary playlists and adding songs into it slowly to see if it would sync, at first it didn't seem to work, but I kept doing it, and all off a sudden for some reason it started to work.  I noticed if I select too many songs at once they won't sync, so I kept my selection down to 100 or so and it worked!  Try that see if it works for you, I had to play with it a few times to get it to work but finally it did.  

MjBalls is right.. Dragging less than 100-200 songs to a playlist at a time works.  This will allow the songs to show on your iOS or Android device if you are having the "0 Tracks" problem on your mobile device playlists. 

Can anybody help me? I'm on my iPad and I can't sync my playlists to play offline. When I press the download button, it appears a bar that never fills up. Please help, I don't want to waste 7€ a month.

I am having the same exact problem.  It will sync 300 out of 400 songs and then it just gets stuck and stops syncing them.  I am in the same exact location with a strong WIFI connection.  I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, quitting it, syncing on my desktop works but then doesnt on the mobile app.  I agree its really frustrating and i will be cancelling my 9.99 a month membership if i cant find a quick resolution!  Like why we cant talk to someone from the company who is an IT expert?!

Suggested posts