Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won’t load on the dash of my car

Spotify won’t load on the dash of my car

Hi,

I’m hoping someone will have the answer to this - I have an 09 Mini Cooper which runs Spotify through a y cable - this has always worked fine expect the past 2 weeks or so, I am unable to cotrol spotify via the dash board. 

Spotify plays in my car, but you are only able to change song via the iPhone, which of course I can’t do as I am driving. 

My iPhone and Spotify are running on their latest updates. Please can someone tell me how to get the songs displaying back on the dash board? 

Thanks!! 

3 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Thanks for the reply - I have tried fresh install, turned the phone on and off.

spotify is running on 8.4.98 and iPhone 12.1.4

It was working fine until I did an update a couple of weeks ago. The dash of my car works fine, so that’s not the problem. 

Really strange but have sorted it! I tried playing Apple Music which displayed and played perfectly, went back into Spotify and it has sorted itself out!

Suggested posts