Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't open, it freezes>crashes on loading,but it's on the list of opened apps (7.1.2)

Spotify won't open, it freezes>crashes on loading,but it's on the list of opened apps (7.1.2)

I'm so sick of getting problems with EVERY LITTLE update... Three versions ago, it was finally working fine, but it long lasted for a couple of days, then it updated again and here we go again...

So, now, 90% (no kidding, actually it could be even more) of the times I try to open it, it freezes for some time (something like 20 or 30 secs) and it closes. I gotta keep trying and trying and trying and trying and trying and MAYBE it will open at some point. Sometimes, it literally (in the actual meaning of the word) takes HOURS of attempts. And when I finally get it to open, it takes literally 4, 5, sometimes 6 or 7 minutes to open. At first, I thought it had to do with my available memory, but I keep deleting apps and the problem persists (I have ALWAYS had more than 100mb available).

So, I know I have and "old" device (iPhone 4, with iOS 7.1.2), and I have some pretty long playlists. But what bothers me is that it was working completely fine 2 months ago. It was fast, and "stable" (for a Spotify version). I mean, If the updates might be problematic for older devices, you should start to consider making parallel versions (I know you do it for iOS 6, but you know what I mean).

The strangest thing is that, eveytime I get this problems, the app keeps showing on the lists of opened apps, with the last screen it was exhibiting when I last successful used it. Then, I flip it to close, give the iPhone some time to breath, and then try to open it again, and the same thing will happen: it will freeze, close, and the app will show up again on the list of opened apps, on the same screen it was before I closed it.

2 Replies

Hi there,

Could you try doing a full reinstallation of the app, including removing your local cache/data files.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

I have the same issue with my android s5 frustrating as **bleep** usually have to pull battery and restart phone

Suggested posts