Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't play on my iphone

Spotify won't play on my iphone

Hi,

suddenly after months of using spotify, in off line mode, on my iPhone it no longer plays the songs.  So spotify still opens but when I hit play the track doesn't start at all...

what coul that be?

NS

29 Replies

Hey! 🙂 

Have you been in online mode on your device recently? 

Spotify requires you to connect to their servers at least once every 30 days to verify your subscription to continue using offline playlists. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks Peter.

yes, I have been online so not sure what it is...

it's literally just happened and everything works fine other than on my iPhone and the songs just don't start.

bizarre!!

neil

i just got Spotify premium on my desktop and i got the the where you can hear it on your phone too. so i got spotify on my phone and it has all my playlist there but when i go to a song it tells me i have to be a spotify premium member to hear it and it only lets me listen to the radio. how can i hear the songs on my iphone?

Hi,

Delete the app and reinstall it.

//E

Hello :

I just paid fo rmy spotify and it won't play on my phone netherit always happens!

Are you saying that the spotify app doesn't work on your iphone or that the premium features are missing? Please reinstall the app following these instructions and be sure to log in with the correct credentials. Shout if you still have problems.

My spotify won't work on my phone Im getting frustrated omg

@MsVonE305 wrote:

My spotify won't work on my phone Im getting frustrated omg

"Won't work" isn't particularily helpful in diagnosing the problem. 

Are you getting an error message, if not can you describe what is happening when you try and play a track? 

Peter

Peter

@Aberdeen15 wrote:

Hi,

suddenly after months of using spotify, in off line mode, on my iPhone it no longer plays the songs.  So spotify still opens but when I hit play the track doesn't start at all...

what coul that be?

NS

spotify wont play at all on my phone and I payed $62 dollars for spotify premium and its hasn't worked!?

@nikaylasuns3t wrote:

@Aberdeen15 wrote:

Hi,

what coul that be?

NS

spotify wont play at all on my phone and I payed $62 dollars for spotify premium and its hasn't worked!?

What error message are you getting? 

Peter

Peter

Suddenly my Premium subscription on my iPhone won't play any track that I search or from my playlists, they're all grey. I checked the payment and it went through. What can be wrong?

@user-removed wrote:

Suddenly my Premium subscription on my iPhone won't play any track that I search or from my playlists, they're all grey. I checked the payment and it went through. What can be wrong?

Can you try killing the Spotify app and starting it again and/or rebooting your phone?

Peter

Peter

I killed the app and downloded a new one and loged in, but still the same problem...

Do you get a specific error message when you tap a track or does it just do nothing? 

Peter

Peter

It says Premium required, but at my login page it says I have an ongoing subscription.

Hey rododendron, I've just taken a look at your account and it looks like you've started a new Premium subscription on a Facebook-connected account.

Get in touch here and one of our support team will be able to get that extra account deleted and get you set back up on your original one.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

No it is not playing !

I reinstalled the app twice I don't understand why

@MsVonE305 wrote:
I reinstalled the app twice I don't understand why

I've just checked your account and it seems you're currently on an Unlimited subscription. You'd need to upgrade to Premium to use Spotify on your iPhone, which you can do from your subscription page.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Suggested posts