Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't play on my iphone

Spotify won't play on my iphone

Hi,

suddenly after months of using spotify, in off line mode, on my iPhone it no longer plays the songs.  So spotify still opens but when I hit play the track doesn't start at all...

what coul that be?

NS

29 Replies

Hello, 

I have had spotify for many months and it has worked fine. All of the sudden, I will go to play a song on Spotify and it will say it is playing, however the volume bar disappears. This is not a problem with my phone, because the sound on other applications works perfectly. I have tried quitting and reinstalling the app multiple times, but it didn't fix.

I am frustrated because I pay every month for this service and it does not seem to be working.

@jessienicole49 - what version of iOS and Spotify are you using? 

Can you try giving your device a quick reboot by holding the home and lock buttons together for 10 seconds until the apple logo appears on the screen and see if that helps at all? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have iOS7.0.3 and version 9.0 of spotify. I have already tried restarting and rebooting my phone multiple times.

Is this playback with headphones in @jessienicole49 ? Does it work if you play through the internal speaker and vice versa? 

Peter

Peter

Hi,

I am getting the same problem. My spotify premium works perfectly in my computer however after doing the synco to my iphone only 2 out of 200 songs play. It is really upset since i pay for this service and it is never working correctly. It seems that killing the app and re-install is not a solution.

Please advise on how this can be solved.

Thanks,

Tiago Borda

Are those tracks you are syncing from Spotify or are they local tracks from your computer?

Peter

Hey, i'm using spotify for 2 months and yesterday it started to not play songs. The bar below that shows the rack name is empty and it doesn't play anything. My internet connection is OK. I tried to reboot my phone and reinstall the app but nothing changed. Please help me.

@Flowerchild what iPhone have you got?
Do you try to play songs on your playlists, or search for songs and play them? In either case, do you get the same problem?

Also, how much free space do you have left on your phone?

I'm also dealing with a problem too. My iPhone 4 can't play music too. I don't really know if it's cuz I didn't update to the latest version cause it's stuck at 9.3, or that my memory card has been finished off, and this is my moms old phone. Plz help me!

image.png

Spotify is beginning to frustrate me. There is no error message, it simply tries to connect and somehow can't- it won't stop trying, either. I can always get my spotify to play on my pc. I was previously on a one week free trial of Premium, and it worked just fine then. Could this have something to do with the issue? Also, it occasionally works when I am using data away from my house. 

Suggested posts