Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Spotify not downloading in the background

I noticed that downloading stops when spotify runs in the background. Is this normal?

• Casual Listener
  • I noticed that downloading stops when spotify runs in the background. Is this normal?
  • max_lobur
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify says off line

Spotify says it's offline on iPhone 5. Internet works fine with everything else on iPhone. Have never been on Facebook. Yeah I'm that old. But still like good music. Spotify online on PC. Any ideas? Thanks

• Spotify says it's offline on iPhone 5. Internet works fine with everything else on iPhone. Have never been on Facebook. Yeah I'm that old. But still like good music. Spotify online on PC. Any ideas? ...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot add a device

My phone won’t let me add a device? I only can load the directions on how to add a device (which I get)

• Visitor
  • My phone won’t let me add a device? I only can load the directions on how to add a device (which I get)
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading to device and Favoriting

Hey guys, I'm running in to a problem on iOS. I seem to only be able to download playlists with all the tracks also going in to my Favorites or Liked tracks playlist. Is there a way to stop Spotify from auto adding all those tracks to my favorites?

• Hey guys, I'm running in to a problem on iOS. I seem to only be able to download playlists with all the tracks also going in to my Favorites or Liked tracks playlist. Is there a way to stop Spotify f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPad Spotify is different to iPhone Spotify?

I have Spotify on my iPhone and iPad, but the Spotify on my iPad is used more. Spotify is not syncing with both devices. The Spotify on my iPhone is so old and will not let me upgrade to premium. It still has my first playlist from last year. How can...

• Visitor
  • I have Spotify on my iPhone and iPad, but the Spotify on my iPad is used more.  Spotify is not syncing with both devices.  The Spotify on my iPhone is so old and will not let me upgrade to ...
  • jackopligs
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t find all the offline songs of an artist

Hi, I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong but I can’t find all the downloaded songs of an artist: for exampleIf I download 6 songs of The smashing Pumpkins, and I put them on a playlist. If I go offline and try to search for them by “smashing pum...

• Hi, I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong but I can’t find all the downloaded songs of an artist: for example If I download 6 songs of The smashing Pumpkins, and I put them on a playlist. If I g...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Hi! I can't listen music with cellular data...

I can't listen music with cellular data. I need to use the wifi for listening. I tried many ways to fix it but I couldn't. Please help me

• I can't listen music with cellular data. I need to use the wifi for listening. I tried many ways to fix it but I couldn't. Please help me 😞
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Pausing and skipping when phone moves

Since I updated my phone recently, my songs have been pausing/skipping every time I move my phone (when I have headphones). Anyone know how to stop this?

• Since I updated my phone recently, my songs have been pausing/skipping every time I move my phone (when I have headphones). Anyone know how to stop this?
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not working in BMW

Hi, just recently I have noticed that Spotify is not working in my BMW, it will play the song but no sound will come out. Please can you help?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   just recently I have noticed that Spotify is not working in my BMW, it will play the song but no sound will come out. Please can you help? 
  • craggy0
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot remove downloaded songs...

Hello!I have had this probelm for some time - so now need to ask the experts. I have no problem saving an album and downloading the tracks. The problem comes when I want to keep the album saved, but un-download the tracks. It should be simple - I unc...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! I have had this probelm for some time - so now need to ask the experts. I have no problem saving an album and downloading the tracks. The problem comes when I want to keep the a...
  • mws27
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone X Update messed up text on iPhone 5S

Hello... My old iPhone 5S updated to the new Spotify Premium version for the iPhone X. But it ruined the the text and is now almost unreadable and unclickable. Everything is overlapped and is a mess (see attached photo..) I still use my 5S for stream...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello...   My old iPhone 5S updated to the new Spotify Premium version for the iPhone X. But it ruined the the text and is now almost unreadable and unclickable. Everything is overlapped ...
  • vetlebakken
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Filter Function Not Working Properly on iOS App

Spotify Community, The latest version of the desktop app features a filter (Crtl + f) function that allows a user to filter certain tracks from the playlist and "bring them to the forefront." For example, if I filter my largest playlist (which is 3,0...

• Music Fan
  • Spotify Community,   The latest version of the desktop app features a filter (Crtl + f) function that allows a user to filter certain tracks from the playlist and "bring them to the forefront....
  • JackEdgar1
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't play music imported from Music app

It started on Monday. I imported a few songs using the Import Your Music feature and as far as I can tell that's when it started (I also updated to iOS 11.2 that day, not sure if that's related). Hardware/Software ConfigurationI'm using an iPhone 7 w...

• Casual Listener
  • It started on Monday.   I imported a few songs using the Import Your Music feature and as far as I can tell that's when it started (I also updated to iOS 11.2 that day, not sure if that's rela...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

play album: can only shuffle-play

hi, when I go to play an album the only option is shuffle-play... I don't see option to play tracks in the order they appear in the album....(screenshot attached..) I would appreciate some help... thank you...

• Regular
  • hi,   when I go to play an album the only option is shuffle-play... I don't see option to play tracks in the order they appear in the album.... (screenshot attached..)   I would apprec...
  • kali8990
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover weekly

Does anyone have the songs from last weeks discover weekly saved? There was a song I really liked but can't remember what it was

• Casual Listener
  • Does anyone have the songs from last weeks discover weekly saved? There was a song I really liked but can't remember what it was 😞
  • Jess1122
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Estou com problemas para acessar o Premium

Ola, estava nos 30 dias gratis do Premium, mas depois de expirar esse tempo, ja veio cobrando na minha fatura a mensalidade e nao consigo usar a conta como Premium....nao consigo escolher minha musicas, tenho que ouvir tudo aleatoriamente etc. Ja atu...

• Ola, estava nos 30 dias gratis do Premium, mas depois de expirar esse tempo, ja veio cobrando na minha fatura a mensalidade e nao consigo usar a conta como Premium....nao consigo escolher minha music...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Different Display/Interface on Song

I was going through my 'The Ones That Got Away' playlist and notcied this on one of the songs (image provided). It is a different display and has a video and was wondering if anyone knows what it is. Not complaining, wish more of the songs did this.

• Roadie
  • I was going through my 'The Ones That Got Away' playlist and notcied this on one of the songs (image provided).  It is a different display and has a video and was wondering if anyone knows what ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

iPhone X not synching local files

Good evening all I've just got my iPhone X and have downloaded all my playlists but when I try to connect to the desktop app on my Macbook it doesnt recognise the phone and any local files I had are no longer on the phone and they will not synch. I h...

• Casual Listener
  • Good evening all   I've just got my iPhone X and have downloaded all my playlists but when I try to connect to the desktop app on my Macbook it doesnt recognise the phone and any local files I...
  • steven_bottrill
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone x
    local
    synch
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will not play songs you want Ios11-iphone X-Shuffle play blinking

Hi, when i want to play a song , it will not start. Only the green "shuffle play" button will blink but nothing will happend. Resetting the Iphone X (side button/volume) or re-installing the app doesn't help. See video in zip file, you see shuffle pl...

• Hi,   when i want to play a song , it will not start. Only the green "shuffle play" button will blink but nothing will happend.  Resetting the Iphone X (side button/volume) or re-install...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes