Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't start on iPhone 4 (Old update)

Spotify won't start on iPhone 4 (Old update)

Hey! So spotify suddenly decided to stop working on my iPhone. When try to start it, it freezes at the "spotify logo" meaning I can't play any songs at all. I can just watch the spotify logo on my screen.

Anyone having the same issue? And does anyone have a solution?

Have a great new year!

10 Replies

Have you tried a clean reinstallation of the app? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

If you mean deleting cookies, data and history from safari and then reinstalling spotify: Yeah, I tried that. Doesn't seem to work...

Or perhaps you meant something else? 🙂

*EDIT* Just tried it again, still doesn't work. I have no clue what the problem might be.

Strange, what version of iOS and Spotify are you using? 

Peter

I'm not using the new one "7.0.4". I am currently using the one before that. I can't update to the new version since I'm not having access to my computer and I can't import some pictures etc from the iPhone to the computer. I would need to do this to be able to download the new version since it takes a lot of space.

I am pretty sure I'm using the latest version of spotify since there's no update notice from the app store and since I have reinstalled it about 5 times.

Is your account working on other devices?

Peter

Yes, currently listening as usual on my sisters computer (Ihave premium if that matters). I have also tried to quit spotify on the computer while I try to login on the phone. Doesn't work. Needless too say this is quite annoying since I'm paying for it.

Do you have the Collections feature (either as part of the beta testing or from being randomly selected)?

Peter

I'm not sure. I don't think so since I haven't signed up on anything and as far as I know my spotify has been looking the same as always. Perhaps it will help when I download the new update when I get home?

I would give that a try and see if it makes any difference. In the background I asked a member of the Spotify team to give your account the once over and they can't see anything wrong with it on their end.

This one has me out of ideas for now!

Peter

Hm, I appreciate your effort anyways! Thanks for your time! I will try to fix it once I return to my place. I still doesn't work.

Suggested posts