Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't stream via bluetooth

Solved!

Spotify won't stream via bluetooth

I have spotify premium.  Been streaming via bluetooth in my car fine for sometime now.  Drove to dinner listening to spotify...couldn't on the way home.  Spotify plays, but music is output to the Iphone speakers vs. bluetooth (and over car stereo).  I can control spotify with car controls (change songs, etc.) just can't hear it.  Car bluetooth works fine with same device (controls spotify, displays music that is playing and other info, can use phone via bluetooth, etc.).  spotify just outputs to speaker not to bluetooth. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Interesting. To be honest I didn't even know Spotify worked with Bluetooth, have you tried turning the phone off and on?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

My car allows me to make calls but it will not allow me to stream music which pisses me off to no end. This is just how the stereo is made and there is no way to change it unless you buy an other stereo unit.

My solution: I bought a Bluetooth gadget that plugs into my AUX plug which is that small 3.5mm hole in the front of your car stereo for those of you who do not know.

You can get it here at this site where they are super cheap.

Now I can play my music from my phone and make calls hands free. Best few dollars i have spent in a long time!

View solution in original post

BLUENEWS-min.PNG
11 Replies
Marked as solution

Interesting. To be honest I didn't even know Spotify worked with Bluetooth, have you tried turning the phone off and on?

I have not...but I'll give that a try...when in doubt, reboot something!

You are a genius...it worked!

btw - you don't work for MS do you?  JK...Thank you!

Haha. Thank you sir, have a good day.

This has not resolved mine. I have not figured anything that fixes. Any ideas appreciated otherwise my Spotify will go the way of the dodo bird
Marked as solution

My car allows me to make calls but it will not allow me to stream music which pisses me off to no end. This is just how the stereo is made and there is no way to change it unless you buy an other stereo unit.

My solution: I bought a Bluetooth gadget that plugs into my AUX plug which is that small 3.5mm hole in the front of your car stereo for those of you who do not know.

You can get it here at this site where they are super cheap.

Now I can play my music from my phone and make calls hands free. Best few dollars i have spent in a long time!

BLUENEWS-min.PNG

My Spotify won't work on my portable bluetooth sspeaker.All that shows up on devices is my crime cast. It does pare to my tablet just not through Spotify. Plus help?

I have the same issue did you find a solution?

My wife wiped the cache partition on her S5. There was no spotify sound nor video sound . Now it's all set. Spotify playing from phone and also bluetooth in car. 

How does one wipe the cache on my S5 Neo?

Hi I'm about to purchase two mega blast speakers (ultimate ears) but just read on internet that the speakers don't pair when using spotify via bluetooth? Are there any bluetooth speakers out there that pair up when using spotify on bluethooth?

Thanks!! Miray

Suggested posts