Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't sync local files to iPhone 5S

Spotify won't sync local files to iPhone 5S

Description

Spotify will not sync local files to the phone.

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. The computer (Windows 7 Enterprise, SP1) and the iPhone are on the same WLAN. It's marked as "trusted"  in Windows.

2. The iPhone is listed under "devices" in Spotify.

3. The local files are marked for offline use.

4. Safari cache has been cleared

5. Spotify has been reinstalled on the device and computer.

What I expected to happen

I expect the local files to sync to the iPhone.

What actually happened

None of them do. Other syncing works fine, it's just the local files that are a problem.

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 5S

Device’s Operating System

Latest, iOS 7.1.1

Is your device jailbroken?

No

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

117 playlists, 8 marked for offline use

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

E.g. 0.8.4.

My provider and country

Sonera, Finland

My username

joonaslaakso

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

-

4 Replies

Hello!

Hmmm.. when you marked them for offline use, did you go into the desktop client and click the device and then click "Sync this device with Spotify" and then click the playlists you wanted to sync? Also, did you follow all of these steps? Click iPhone from the tabs on the top 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Yes, did all that. I've also tried disabling and then re-enabling the playlists, as well as the device. No change.

I also don't understand why some of the local files on the computer are greyed out and some are displayed as bright white. 

Oh, forgot to mention - plenty of empty room on the device: over 10 GB, the offline files are 2 GB.

Solved... sort of. I created a new playlist and drag n dropped all the tracks from the desktop Spotify's "local files" to it. Then set the new playlist for offline use on both the desktop and the phone.

It then started syncing both the new playlist... and the "local files". So a while later, I have two synced playlists, whereas before I had zero.

The end result is that my desktop "local files" is 326 songs. The mobile's "local files" is 315 tracks, and the duplicate playlist is 326 tracks.

Some (around half) of the tracks don't display the "offline access" icon on the mobile, but whatever, they seem to work now.

This worked for me as well.  Have to place the desired "Local Files" files on PC into a separate PC playlist, make that "Available Offline". Spotify app on iPhone 4S then recognizes it and will sync file(s) from PC to iPhone.  Then, of course, have to make it "Available Offline" in phone app playlist too, and we're good to carry.  Thanks.

Suggested posts