Spotify won't sync local files to iphone

Solved!
Highlighted

Spotify won't sync local files to iphone

ghjklokjhgfdsdf
Casual Listener

I've had local files synced for a long time, but today all tracks appeared as greyed out. I reinstalled the app and now when I press the offline switch nothing happens and the tracks remain greyed out. I've tried everything I have found on this forum: I am connected to the same wi-fi network (which has worked before so there is no problem there), I have about 7gb storage free on my iphone, I have tried reinstalling (several times) both spotify on my iphone and on my mac, I haven't updated the spotify client since this last worked (I went back to version 0.9.15.27 a while ago which did work for local sync). This is probably the most important feature for me so if this isn't getting fixed I will have to end my subscription.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Spotify won't sync local files to iphone

0pTicaL
Gig Goer

Check Windows firewall or if you have a anti-virus suite running that includeds a firewall, make sure to allow spotify.exe through. Under Windows Firewall there are two spotify.exe apps listed, one is checked for public networks and one for private networks. Put a check mark next to them both and click OK at the bottom.

Your local files should start syncing now.

53 Replies

mike_vengeance
Roadie

Just follow this instructions (exactly) for you to be able to sync local files from your desktop to your iPhone.

Note: This feature is for Premium users only.
  1. Using the desktop app, add local music files you want to sync to a playlist.
  2. Log into Spotify on your iPhone using the same WiFi network as your desktop.
  3. Tap the menu button (User-added image).
  4. Tap Your Music.
    User-added image
  5. Tap Playlists.
    Playlists button
  6. Tap Local Files, or the playlist containing local files from your computer.
  7. Select the playlist containing the local music files and press the Available Offline switch at the top.
    User-added image
  8. A green arrow will appear next to the tracks when syncing is complete.
    Offline sync green icon

anshulvj
Music Fan
I don't think this works. The only files synced are the streaming ones, not the local mp3s that people have on their desktops/phones

mike_vengeance
Roadie

yes, it works.

make sure you follow the steps (one by one) and it will work

I have synced local files from my computer to my iPhone 5C

gasgano55
Music Fan

Doesn't work here either.

Local MP3s not available on Spotify won't sync, they are greyed out. Same network (Spotify connect works), playlist, available offline.

This needs a fix.

mike_vengeance
Roadie

syncing my local files on my computer to the app on my iphone worked on the first attempt.

Make sure you have enough space on your iPhone, try reinstalling the app both on your computer and iPhone and try it again.

Solution!

0pTicaL
Gig Goer

Check Windows firewall or if you have a anti-virus suite running that includeds a firewall, make sure to allow spotify.exe through. Under Windows Firewall there are two spotify.exe apps listed, one is checked for public networks and one for private networks. Put a check mark next to them both and click OK at the bottom.

Your local files should start syncing now.

gasgano55
Music Fan

Oops, just noticed this was for iPhone.

I own an Android phone. I still think this tip could be useful because I don't think the phone OS matters here: As all the others say, I have allowed spotify.exe through my firewall (it wasn't allowed). Still did not work.

Allowed UPnP through my router. Still wouldn't do.

Tried at work. THE MOMENT I OPENED SPOTIFY ON THE DESKTOP my local files started syncing on the phone. Been OK ever since.

I can only conclude there is something wrong with my router configuration at home, but I still couldn't find what. I know security is built tough at work, that has to be some minor setting that affects the whole thing.

ltamborrell
Casual Listener

Just found a way around it, both devises need to be on the same wifi network, open desktop spotify, go to "local files" select the songs you want to get into your iphone, right click, then add to NEW playlist name it "Local files" or something like that, then go to that playlist, and turn "avaible offline" on, now make it "avaible offline on your iphone aswell, your set now!

ghjklokjhgfdsdf
Casual Listener
Did you actually read what I wrote? I know how syncing local files work, what I am saying is that isn't working for me anymore.
SUGGESTED POSTS