Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starred Playlist not syncing

Starred Playlist not syncing

Description

I'm having issues syncing my starred playlists with my iPhone 5.

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

I've deleted the app and reinstalled but nothing has solved the issue.

Turned off my phone and back on but nothing.

My starred playlist on my desktop is 634 songs, a mixture of local files and spotify songs. Although my phone is only recognizing 11 songs but only displays one song on there.

Another offline playlist won't sync as well even if I add a song on there, won't recognize it on my phone.

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 5

Device’s Operating System

Is your device jailbroken?

No

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

13 in total. 5 of them are available for offline use.

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

Version 0.9.0.128.G3134f863

My provider and country

AT&T

My username

stevie08389

5 Replies

I guess no one has a solution...

I have same problem and no solution, sorry. Desktop, iPhone 5 and iPad all have different versions of my my Starred songs and I can't get them to sync. Other playlists are syncing.

Can you try copying the tracks from your starred playlist, into a new playlist on your computer, copying a maximum of 331 tracks at a time and see if that playlist will then sync to your phone?

There appears to be an issue with playlist synching on the desktop client with the Spotify servers when you go over that limit. It has been reported as an issue internally by Spotify. 

I would suggest you try copying them over in batches of 100 and see how that goes! Hopefully it can be fixed soon, its rather annoying!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Same situation here. Very frustrating.

this worked, thank you. I certainly do hope this issue is fixed soon. I have found it very frustrating. 

Suggested posts