Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

Iphone XS

Operating System

IOS 15

i have a problem I don’t understand why but since three days maybe. My music stop playing after the 6 seconds marks and refuse to play after that. I tried to uninstall the app. I also tried shutting down my phone and disconnecting my account but none of the option work. I’m completely lost so please if someone can help 

3CA5B431-F72C-4761-8812-B8E1D467018E.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thank you for bringing this up to the community. We'll take a look.

Usually, this type of playback issues happens when the cache and cookies are corrupted and affecting the normal function of the app. The regular reinstall sometimes doesn't do the trick because that process doesn't delete all the cache information.

First, try a clean reinstall of the Spotify app following the steps listed in this article.

If after the clean reinstall the issue persists, try to log your account in a different device to see if the same issue happens.

Let us know how it goes.

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I used free CCleaner to clear Spotify App Cache. Issue resolved. 

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Running into a bug where Android auto does not force Spotify to playing via local phone (with Bluetooth + Android auto connection), instead it acts as a remote for desktop/laptop device instead. Starting Android auto with wifi'd extra devices might be the cause, hard to say, haven't reproduced issue consistently.

I am having the same issue. I’ve tried all of the above,  removing the downloads then downloading them again and this does not help either. It seems to work for some albums but not others.  My issue begun in December. 

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thank you for bringing this up to the community. We'll take a look.

Usually, this type of playback issues happens when the cache and cookies are corrupted and affecting the normal function of the app. The regular reinstall sometimes doesn't do the trick because that process doesn't delete all the cache information.

First, try a clean reinstall of the Spotify app following the steps listed in this article.

If after the clean reinstall the issue persists, try to log your account in a different device to see if the same issue happens.

Let us know how it goes.

JulianModerator

I'm having the same issues and have fully re-installed the app and followed other instructions.

Hi there @stuwoo,

Thank you for your reply in this thread and for trying the troubleshooting that's been provided earlier.

Can you have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member to see if the issue persists? This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

If the issue continues, can you try a different internet connection to see if it makes any difference?

On another note, do you have any pending OS update?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Have a great Friday and start of your weekend 🙂

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂
Marked as solution

I used free CCleaner to clear Spotify App Cache. Issue resolved. 

Did a clean install of Spotify, including deleting all app data, but the problem still persists: all songs stop playing after 1 second. What now?

(by the way, it's hard to believe this issue is still not solved by Spotify)

Hey @thorin1,

Thank you for all the troubleshooting you've tried out so far! 
Could you please contact our support so they can check your account from our end as well?
Let us know how it goes! 🙂

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The version on my Mac was stopping after 9 seconds of play. This happened immediately after I upgraded to Premium using the Mac. Interestingly, the Spotify app on my phone was working well.

Logging in and out of Spotify from my Mac resolved the issue for me.

My issue is the same, since yesterday. Once started playing anything on the app, after like 30seconds the app shuts down completely. I have tried restarting the phone and so on. The app is on IOS

The solution above worked for me. Thanks 

Ran into this issue recently too. If I have spotify open on my PC, spotify on Android Auto has trouble playing music on Android Auto. Song would play for a couple seconds and stop.

Would appreciate it if this bug could be fixed!

Similar symptom here.

Reproduction:

1. Spotify app opened on laptop, connected to internet, logged in.

2. Start listening on Phone. Laptop App footer says "Listening on Phone".

3. Playback stops after a few seconds.

4. GOTO step 2 until you get mad.

5. Close Laptop App. Enjoy uninterrupted playback from phone. 

Suggested posts