Streaming Audio now accessible to Apple Watch

Solved!

Streaming Audio now accessible to Apple Watch

kamenrider1

Hi,

Huge announcement at yesterday's WWDC 2019.  WatchOS 6 will allow third party apps to stream audio. SPOTIFY PLEASE UPDATE YOUR APP and allow us to stream audio via cellular so that we can keep out phones at home/in the locker when we work out!!!

https://developer.apple.com/watchos/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Peter

Hey folks,

We appreciate your feedback on this feature.

The best way for your to suggest improvements and new features for the app in the Community is via the Idea Exchange: it's the easiest way for us to see which ideas are most popular among Community members.

Going forward, we suggest that you leave your feedback as a comment in this idea thread regarding the requested feature. Rest assured that your votes and comments are being taken into consideration, and you'll be the first to know as soon as we have any updates on the matter.

For more info on how your feedback is reaching Spotify via the Idea Exchange, you can check out this Spotify Answer.

Thanks - take care for now!

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

77 Replies

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Good news!

Spotify now supports downloads on Apple Watch. This will be rolling out over the next several weeks.

Check out this Spotify news article for more info:

Enjoy More Ways Than Ever to Use Spotify on Your Apple Watch—Now With Downloads 

MattSudaRock Star 24
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

quaker75
Visitor

Are you kidding on me spotify?

I moved from a samsung galaxy watch where I can play spotify offline and also stream spotify without phone.

and now with the apple watch just a remote?

Shame on you......

We are in the year 2020.......

Hope next 3 Months an update will be availabe, until this I can use Apple Music for free.

If not I think I must switch complete.

that would be a great pity as I am a really longtime spotify premium customer.

curatedsound

Spotify, please FIX THIS - I'VE BEEN WAITING 3 YEARS.

EVERYONE wants it... WHAT A **bleep**ING JOKE.

danthelee
Canceled my subscription last month as well due to this issue

I am cancelling my subscription as well. I have bought my apple watch to listen musing when runnig

Jesperi_
Casual Listener

I canceled my order in late September and after many notifications I came back here to check how things are and it's just sad to notice that absolutely nothing have happened.

I've been using Apple Music for 3 months now (free period) and no question I'm staying there as paying customer. I have no interest to join back Spotify.

It still makes me some bit angry that Spotify doesn't care that they are losing customers by this kind of ignorance.

This will be my last post here as I have no reason to come back.

(Little over dramatic, but whatever :D) 

Solution!

Peter

Hey folks,

We appreciate your feedback on this feature.

The best way for your to suggest improvements and new features for the app in the Community is via the Idea Exchange: it's the easiest way for us to see which ideas are most popular among Community members.

Going forward, we suggest that you leave your feedback as a comment in this idea thread regarding the requested feature. Rest assured that your votes and comments are being taken into consideration, and you'll be the first to know as soon as we have any updates on the matter.

For more info on how your feedback is reaching Spotify via the Idea Exchange, you can check out this Spotify Answer.

Thanks - take care for now!

PeterModerator

View solution in original post

that_leo
Casual Listener
Disgusting. I should have to vote to make an obvious feature happen. Get on top of your **** Spotify or you won't have users left

Michaelgimm
Casual Listener

Hi Leo

I agree too that this is an obvious feature. Nevertheless it’s not the most voted feature.

You could argue that Spotify should have manpower enough to develop more than a couple of features at a time, but for some reasons they can’t. And so it’s actually quite fair that they develop most voted features first.

I think it’s cool they have a voting system, but they ought to promote it better. I only found it by chance and most will never find it. 

jonas_ma
Casual Listener
Just canceled my Spotify subscription until Spotify enables this feature! Apple music it is..

aborgschulte
Casual Listener

What a joke. The fact that podcast apps that people have never heard of have this enabled and yet the same boilerplate nonsense from Spotify. What a disgrace

Michaelgimm
Casual Listener

Taidy5
Casual Listener

As I voted just now, already 6,530 votes.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Apple-Watch-Spotify-Streaming-and-Offline-Listening/...

I did not change immediately to Apple Music because of all my playlists. I am sure, once people change to Apple Music they will hardly come back to Spotify - for sure I will never come back anymore.
Hey Spotify, WE LOVE YOU, but it seems that your greed (we can't see any other reason at the moment - if so let us know) will cost you more than you might lose (to pay to Apple for a good service).
If there would be any sign from Spotify, we would be patient to wait ... even some more weeks.

Hey SPOTIFY MANAGERS - PLEASE don't let us down.

Thank you - yes you - Spotify Manager ...

lemuba
Visitor

I switched from Spotify to Apple Music. There is more than one App in the App store to transfer playlists from e.g. Spotify to Apple Music. It took me 30 minutes to switch with all playlists I have. I really enjoy now to have all titles for offline use on my watch - e.g. in the Gym. 🙂 I also like the AM/Apple Watch function to listen to local radio stations via internet streaming. Of course then not offline, but via LTE. Bye Bye Spotify...

lalaucha
Casual Listener

I never thought I might change to other streaming solutions but Spotify is not listening very well to customers and the market.
They lost startup mentality. Every small change takes years for implementation or endless discussions. Competitors have caught up so much and Spotify should listen to the community more than ever before... there not many reasons left to stay if something is missing.

At least I want to know about the roadmap if its worth to wait. But not getting concrete details at all makes me not waiting and hoping anymore.

PS: Nice that you wasted time in ui redesign and not in further functionally. Bye

SkittzLP
Casual Listener

Aight. The clock is ticking. 

DE71950F-6CCC-4D20-95B2-72303FD5B62C.png
2C3050BA-C7E1-4C7A-89E9-98451B6C7151.png

pmeves
picked this up and retweeted ❤️ #spotifycares #clockisticking

AppleG
Composer
Bla bla bla. Always and always and always the same answer. It is really a shame. Change the CEO into a modern one.

eazy-ee
Visitor
I just got an apple watch and was highly disappointed to see i could not stream audio from the watch. I'm going to have to give Apple Music a shot again now.

IskandarBwefar

Same here. It's ridiculous that Spotify still uses the Apple Watch merely as a remote control.
For this first time since it's release in 2015, I'm listening to Apple Music again. It's just super convenient to have my music playing from my wrist without a phone around.

SUGGESTED POSTS