Streaming Audio now accessible to Apple Watch

Streaming Audio now accessible to Apple Watch

kamenrider1

Hi,

Huge announcement at yesterday's WWDC 2019.  WatchOS 6 will allow third party apps to stream audio. SPOTIFY PLEASE UPDATE YOUR APP and allow us to stream audio via cellular so that we can keep out phones at home/in the locker when we work out!!!

https://developer.apple.com/watchos/

19 Replies

Re: Streaming Audio now accessible to Apple Watch

Nathans1
Casual Listener

Emphatically agree. This is woefully, ashemedly overdue. An embarrassment to Spotify and a slap in our faces. Sometimes it seems as though we aren’t getting the whole story. How does freebie pandora pull this off already and paid-for Spotify cannot? What are we paying for? Spotify, listen up!: get this done or you’re going to lose a million more subscribers. Your inaction and lack of forthright communication leaves a bitter, bitter taste in our mouthes. We will bail soon enough if you don’t get this fixed. Call our bluff. 

Nathans1
Casual Listener

!

mjpzero

Yes, please! Spotify this is an absolute MUST.  Please bring WI-FI streaming to an indepedent Spotify watchOS app! People in gyms everywhere NEED this! I do not want to have to switch to Apple music, especially when the Spotify UI and options are superior... but there is absolutely no reason I should have to bring my phone to the gym in 2019.

Colina
Casual Listener

I'm on this page because I'm thinking of switching over to Apple Music just to have offline tracks on my Apple Watch. I hate walking around with my mobile phone in the gym.

I'll probably switch over to Apple Music if Spotify doesn't announce playback via just the Apple Watch. Whether that's offline or streaming is something I don't even care about.

vital8

me too!! :) must be

bqstylo
This REALLY needs to happen. I've been paying for 2 subscriptions between Apple Music and Spotify......I'm at the end of the line, if Spotify doesnt update their app I will be canceling service.

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community :)

This is a popular idea among Spotify users, and we're taking your feedback into account.

Make sure to vote for this idea by going here and showing your support! The more users that vote, the more likely this will be implemented in the future.

Thanks! Stay awesome :)

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers

Mochyn0
Casual Listener

@ Peter Why even bother replying with such a non answer? Why is this company so bad at making a decision and a proper statement about this? I moved to apple music because how rubbish the watch app for spotify was  but would move back if I knew this feature was planned. But with the way you acting like you don't care about your users well...there are alternatives around and I am sure one will make this feature.

OtterFlip

This is a deal-breaking feature for my family.

After many years of using Spotify, I cancelled our Spotify account because of the lack of the ability to stream music to an Apple Watch device.  I will *happily* switch back from Apple music family streaming to Spotify if Spotify adds this feature.

SUGGESTED POSTS