Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Streaming Local files over wifi to Iphone.

Streaming Local files over wifi to Iphone.

Okay let me be clear, since every thing i try to find something on this it isnt a strait answer. If my laptop at home is connected to the WiFi. Can I listen to my local files (itunes and music files) on my Iphone while at work. I always have a hotspot with me, so WiFi is not an issue. And again to be clear, i only have a 16Gb iphone and way too much music to just sync, and even if i could, that would make spotify and a premium membership pointless, Correct?
2 Replies

No, Spotify does not stream your local files.  If they happen to be songs that are in Spotify's catalog, then you will be able to stream them just like any other song on Spotify, but it will not stream your actual local files.  If your files are things that are not available on Spotify (for example, The Beatles), then you won't be able to listen to them unless they are synced to your phone.  Hope this helps.

@tjb is correct, you can use this for help on Syncing your local files (this could also be used to download streamed songs for offline mode). But for this you would need to be on the same Wifi network. But also, hopefully for most of the songs you have they are already on Spotify so you would not need to do this (you would just log in to Spotify and stream them). 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Suggested posts